Electrical Project Manager II
Buckeye Partners, LP
Crown Point, IN
Buckeye is the premier infrastructure and logistics provider for the world’s energy needs, both today and tomorrow. Since 1886, we have successfully navigated transitions in the way energy has been distributed to continually meet the needs of an evolving market and industry environment. Our people are a critical element to the success and longevity of our operational history and our future as we seek to thrive through the energy transition.
We own and operate a diversified global network of integrated assets providing midstream logistic solutions, primarily consisting of the transportation, storage, processing, and marketing of liquid petroleum products. We are committed to safely and responsibly providing world-class service to meet the continually evolving energy needs of our customers and the communities we serve. As part of this commitment to our customers, we are continually diversifying our platform and service offerings to enable less carbon intensive energy solutions, and undertaking decarbonization efforts on our operations.
The Project Manager II role is responsible for providing project management services for pipeline, station, and terminal projects throughout Buckeye focusing on Electrical & Automation Projects.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
Size of Projects: $15,000 - $1.5 million
- Project Initiating and Planning. Completing development of project scopes of work, cost estimates, schedules, work plans, and resource requirements as part of the initiation and planning phases of the project life cycle.
- Project Implementation. Managing implementation (project design, engineering, purchasing/contracting, construction, startup and commissioning, and closing) of projects in the petroleum industry especially Electircal, PLC Controls Systems & Automation and developing current reports regarding Project Status and Cost Forecasting.
- Project Approvals. Evaluating and obtaining approval of changes to project scopes of work, budgets, and/or schedules and completing all required documentation of changes
- Lead or facilitate meetings and ensure, as appropriate, that minutes are documented and distributed.
- Plan and organize system and facility downtime, startup and commissioning with Operations, Transportation, the Control Center, and other Functional Departments
- Manages large projects with multiple technical disciplines; especially Electircal, PLC Controls & Automation. Manages and leads engineering providers for large scope and drawing creation.
- Provide SME input to the district and Cooperate support staff.
- Project Completion. Ensuring development of Construction and Operational Punch Lists and completion of all outstanding items and ensure completion of project documentation such as as-built drawings, operating manuals, PM’s, equipment tagging, device settings, and Completion Certificates.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required or PM Certification from Project Management Institute or 10 years of experience managing projects in the petroleum industry.
- Experience and demonstrated aptitude in most phases of engineering, construction, and operations of pipeline, station, and terminal facilities.
- Experience with various PLC programming languages, such as ladder logic, structured text, and function block diagram.
- Exepreince with PLC systems (B&R, Allen Bradley, GE, Siemens) and truck/rail load rack presets (Accuload, Multiload).
- Experience with various control systems, such as SCADA, DCS, and HMI.
- Experience with safety systems and regulations.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest PLC and control system technologiesUp to 30% travel
Certificates & Licenses:
- Advance experience with project management software, such as Microsoft Project or Primavera Software.
- EIT Certification and intentions to obtain or have obtained a PE license is desirable.
- PM Certification from Project Management Institute is desirable.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Demonstrated aptitude in some phases of engineering, construction, and operations of pipeline, station, and terminal facilities
- Assist with development of special projects, as needed
- Ability to manage outside Engineering firms
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- This role is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- This position requires the employee to regularly access and work at or around heights in excess of 5 feet, moving mechanical parts, moving on-track rail equipment, petroleum product or other chemical fumes, airborne particles like dust or other chemicals, vibration, uneven terrain, and high noise level in the work environment.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- This role continuously operates a computer and other office productivity equipment (i.e. a calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
- The incumbent in this role must wear Fire Retardant Clothing (FRC) and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate with others.
- This position requires the ability to work comfortably and safely in the proximity to open water.
- This position is subject to DOT drug and alcohol regulations
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
People First Culture:
From managing over 5,000 miles of pipeline to commercializing clean energy projects, our people collaborate to provide world-class service and meet the changing energy needs of our customers. Our employee-first culture means that we invest in our employees and equip them to be fully contributing members of high performing teams. We are focused on collaboration, inclusion, empowerment, accountability, and professional development. We want the best in you to bring out the best in us.
Join us as we work together to build a business that is responsive to the needs of the future while continuing to serve the energy needs of communities today.