Electrical Quotations Specialist
Dakota Supply Group
DSG is a people-centric, customer-obsessed, and growth-focused wholesale distributor. With over 130,000 (and growing!) products, not only are we one of the most diversified suppliers in the upper Midwest, we also have expertise in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, waterworks, utility, communications, and more! We have fun, we are friendly, and we embody a culture that genuinely cares for people far beyond their job title. Our purpose is to serve fellow employee owners, our partners, and communities toward building a better America, one job at a time. We are proud to be 100% employee owned, with an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that gives our employee owners a unique opportunity to build their personal wealth in addition to a traditional retirement plan.
A Typical Day in the Life of an Electrical Quotations Specialist at DSG:
- Review bid reports, solicit sales team feedback, and elicit direct customer feedback to determine quotation opportunities.
- Develop estimates of material quantities and provide price quotations on industrial, commercial, and construction projects in a timely and professionally presented manner
- Exchange project plans and specifications to perform takeoff
- Review specified products and determine availability, finding quote equivalent substitutes as necessary
- Contact and negotiate with vendors for special terms and pricing for supplies and materials regarding quoted projects
- Follow up with the Sales team and quoted customers to secure the sale of the project
- Assist in the preparation and assembly of submittals for approval
- Address all customer complaints and/or inquiries promptly to ensure equitable resolutions and maximize customer satisfaction
- Write up the orders for customer materials, confirm delivery dates, and release orders to meet project requirements
- Track, monitor, and maintain an orderly quotation file and record of jobs quoted
- Provide technical support to fellow employee owners and customers
- Other duties as assigned
A Successful Electrical Quotations Specialist Typically Has:
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Secondary or post-secondary coursework concentrated in a related field OR field experience and/or technical knowledge of Electrical products and application.
- A sales-oriented mindset and drive to succeed in a highly competitive market.
- A strong ability to communicate effectively orally, via phone, and in writing (email) with customers and vendors.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Organizational skills to plan and prioritize work effectively.
- An innate ability to flourish in a fast-paced work environment.
- Prior computer knowledge, experience, and skills.
At DSG, We Offer Benefits Built for You:
- We are proudly 100% employee owned, which means your hard work and decisions directly benefit not only the success of the organization, but also your individual Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- We are highly committed to your training and development, offering personal and professional development opportunities and unlimited growth potential.
- We offer competitive compensation packages based on your experience and potential.
- You will receive generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Medical Leave (EML) allowances.
- Our comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision, also offers a multitude of other perks such as life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid parental leave, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution, among many others.
- You will have the opportunity to prepare for your future through multiple retirement savings opportunities, including a 401(k) with employer match and ESOP.
- You will receive a discount on all DSG-supplied products.
- We believe in giving back to our communities and hope that you will too, which is why we offer paid volunteer hours in addition to PTO.