Schnitzer Steel Billings
- Develop, manage, and monitor electrical maintenance procedures and preventative maintenance scheduling and activities.
- Direct, schedule, and monitor electrical installations and construction projects.
- Supervise Electrical Department and coordinate employee activities by delegating responsibility, motivating, training, and evaluating performance.
- Monitor and order parts needed for preventative maintenance and construction projects.
- Provide technical assistance for difficult electrical and maintenance problems.
- Provide training for electricians through the apprenticeship program and various educational opportunities.
- Ensure all safety requirements are met and that electrical crews have all the proper materials, tools, and equipment to do their jobs effectively and safely.
- Performs both routine and complex PLC programming and programs Human Machine Interface computers to interact with the process.
- Performs diagnoses and repair of plant control and automation systems including electronic motor drives and electronic test equipment.
- Designs and installs plant control and automation systems as needed using structured methodologies.
- Maintains current and accurate prints and drawings of electrical equipment and systems for CSRM.
- Collaborates with other department staff, management and/or vendors to resolve problems, to communicate department needs, to facilitate system improvements and to coordinate the purchase or service of equipment.
- Knowledge of equipment, technologies, terminology, and practices related to industrial technology.
- Knowledge of CSRM’s electrical systems and the State of Oregon’s electrical safety rules and regulations as they apply to job duties.
- Ability to operate the tools, equipment, hardware and software necessary to perform the duties of this position. This includes working knowledge of and ability to effectively use hand tools, power tools, volt/ohm meter, oscilloscope, PLC and HMI programming software, AC and DC drives software, panel view software, a personal computer, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written and oral, and ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff to address questions and/or provide training when necessary.
- Must possess knowledge and skill in the design, installation and maintenance of plant control and automation systems.
- Must possess the ability to apply industrial engineering principles and techniques to problem resolution and to accurately instruct other electricians in a course of action.
- Climbing: Frequently. Ascending or descending stairs on a daily basis.
- Stooping/Kneeling/Crouching: Occasionally. When needing to access office supplies or equipment or to work on systems, software or wiring.
- Standing/Walking: Frequently. On a daily basis, within office building, as well as outside or within manufacturing plant.
- Reaching: Continually. To retrieve supplies, equipment or files/paperwork.
- Pushing/Pulling/Lifting: Occasionally. To move items within the office environment.
- Grasping: Continually. To move office supplies or equipment, to write, or to operate hand or power tools.
- Repetitive Motions of the hands/wrists/fingers: Continually. To perform office duties such as keyboarding, 10-key, telephone dialing, filing of documentation or operations of copier/fax machine.
- Sitting: Frequently. Some job duties such as programming can be performed while sitting.
USE OF SENSES
- Talking in Person/By Telephone or Two Way Radio: Continually. To communicate with co-workers or supervisors to gather information or to give direction.
- Hearing: Continually. To listen, in person and over the phone or two way radio, and to understand despite a potentially loud environment. Ability to detect equipment malfunction or irregularities in tools or machinery.
- Vision: Continually. To read either paperwork or information on a computer monitor. Good visual acuity necessary for safety reasons in a warehouse and manufacturing environment and essential to ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Smell: Continually. To detect irregularities or hazards such as gas, fire, smoke or fumes.
- Touch: To use tools, equipment, parts and materials to perform the duties of the job. To enter or retrieve data from a computer.
Work is primarily performed indoors, in both an office environment and in a manufacturing environment. It may require the ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds, and/or to lift/carry up to 20 pounds. When work is necessary in the mill, where individual will be exposed to outdoor and/or plant conditions, PPE is required and will be provided.
Decision quality, priority setting, directing others, process management, confronting direct reports, perseverance, approachability, self-knowledge, customer focus, organizing, composure, managing diversity, problem solving, integrity and trust, listening, motivating others and written communication.
- Associate’s Degree in industrial engineering technology or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in industrial engineering.
- Valid State of Oregon Plant Journeyman Electrician License, preferred but not required.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.
Company Schnitzer Steel Ind Inc.ID:uDnQdo