Electrical Systems and Components Engineer
New London, CT
Opportunities are available in D429 for electrical system and component engineers. Successful candidates will be joining a strong and experienced engineering team in an exciting and fast-paced environment focused on designing power distribution, reactor plant, steam plant, and electric plant systems and equipment for the new COLUMBIA Class submarines.
D429 offers a unique engineering opportunity to work in any of a wide variety of electrical engineering concentrations (power generation and distribution, steam-plant and reactor-plant instrumentation & control, project management, etc.). D429 is comprised of a mix of experienced, mid-level, and entry-level engineers that focus on team building and knowledge sharing.
Successful candidates will be responsible for all aspects of their assigned systems or components, which includes:
- Learning and understanding system/component operational needs
- Defining and meeting functional and detailed requirements
- Performing required calculations and modeling
- Selecting standard components and subcomponents
- Overseeing development of system/component drawings
- Supporting development of associated technical documentation, including manuals, operating instructions, repair parts lists, preventative maintenance specifications, etc.
- Managing all system and component interfaces including electrical, structural, piping, and mechanical
- Supporting 3D model development and arrangement of systems and components
- Overseeing subcontractor designs, manufacturing, testing, and qualification
- Obtaining customer approval of designs and requirements via formal correspondence
- Supporting the ongoing construction, testing, and time critical troubleshooting for the COLUMBIA Class submarine at the Electric Boat Quonset Point and Groton shipyards
- Ideal candidates for D429 possess a diverse knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a strong drive to meet requirements on schedule and budget with a focus on achieving the highest quality. This is your opportunity to contribute to the design and construction of the next generation of submarines.
- Some overtime and travel may be required
BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree
0-15 years Experience