Electrical Technician I
Dole Packaged Foods
Dole Packaged Foods is a purpose led nutrition and wellness organization that “champions a more equitable world.” A world where everyone has the right to nutrition from the goodness of the earth and we reduce these gaps, one action at a time.
Critical to the execution of Dole Atwater’s function of processing and packaging frozen fruit is various processing, packaging, and electrical equipment. To support business success the site is staffed 24/7 to provide maintenance support to ensure safe and reliable operation.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within fresh to frozen food processing and packaging. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision and primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Must be able to perform or acquire the following skills:
- Understands the hazards of ammonia and Freon refrigeration systems.
- Install, maintain, and repair wiring, lighting, and electrical equipment. Work from blueprints, wiring diagrams, and verbal instructions.
- Safely use test equipment such as ohmmeters, volt meters, amp meters, power factor meters, power tools, electrician hand tools, conduit bender, threading tools, and soldering iron.
- Uses a variety of test equipment to detect source of malfunction, undertakes required repairs or modifications after evaluation.
- Monitor and record system information as necessary, report any abnormal conditions, and ensure proper communication across shifts.
- Perform assigned preventative maintenance, repairs, and rebuilds on all associated equipment as assigned by supervisor. Identify damaged or defective equipment and repair in a timely manner.
- Assist with project and equipment installations and start-up.
- Perform proper Lock-out/Tag-out procedures when working on equipment.
- Keep work areas clean, neat, and orderly.
- Other duties that are reasonably associated with the above functions of the job.
Experience, Knowledge, & Skills You Bring:
- Electrical safety training.
- Basic working knowledge of electrical components used in processing and packaging systems like transformers, motors, motor controls, instruments, electrical protection devices.
- Able to use hand tools normally expected of Electrical technicians. Standard electrical tool kit with meters that meet company safety standards will be issued and employee will be responsible for replacement of lost tools.
- Ability to obtain working understanding of a CMMS system. Document work completed and assigned time and parts to proper WO.
- Must work well under pressure and insure safe performance at all times.
- Must demonstrate a cooperative behavior with co-workers, supervisors, and management.
- Working knowledge of GMP’s within a food manufacturing facility.
- Fork-lift and Aerial Lift license within 30 days of hire date.
- Must be able to attain Tech Level II at the end of their 6th year of being in maintenance department.
- Must pass CPR course within first year of hire date.
Education & Certification:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Basic computer navigation for HMI, CMMS, access procedure folder on network, and E-mail proficiency.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Requires standing, stooping, twisting, lifting, and other physical movements requiring full range of motion.
- Demonstrate color proficiency.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
FOR JOBS BASED IN CALIFORNIA:
Hiring Pay Scale: $_24.00
Dole Packaged Foods is committed to paying our Associates fairly and equitably. The pay rate offered will consider a wide range of factors, including but not limited to experience, education, accomplishments, and location. Pay scales are subject to review on a regular basis and will be updated as appropriate.