Electrical Technician II – 2nd or 3rd Shift
Advance the automotive market and advance your career at Gentex! Join a collaborative culture devoted to innovation, cooperation, and continuous improvement. Your ideas are not just heard, they are celebrated! Explore Gentex today!
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Maintain test equipment to ensure the highest quality of product produced by manufacturing line.
- Maintain production availability by supporting production technicians and PSEs on tester issues.
- Escalate ongoing or repeated issues to Test and Measurement engineers for long term corrective action.
- Assist production technicians and PSEs in repairing down testers in a proficient manor.
- Reduce tester downtime by investigating problems to their root cause and correcting them.
- Repair and maintain spare test equipment.
- Assemble test equipment and spares.
- Perform MSA and Variation documentation on equipment built.
- Log service actions and document changes on all equipment
- Perform tester hardware and software upgrades.
- Coordinate technical training of technicians and team leaders on tester issues.
- Facilitate PM duties required for the test equipment (Tester and Fixture).
- Perform trend analysis for component and tester failures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new products into mass production.
- Provide input as needed when new test equipment is required or upgrades needed.
- Act as a liaison to Manufacturing.
- Complying with all Company policies and procedures, safety regulations, company safety policies and safely perform all duties, including but not limited to, promoting a safe workplace.
- Maintaining high level of honesty, integrity and confidentiality with respect to company matters.
- Minimum 2 Year Electronics degree with 2 years tester experience preferred.
- Basic PC skills preferred.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) to effectively communicate tester / component failures.
- Must be self motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Must work closely with production teams to solve problems.
- Availability on off hours.
- Must have exemplary customer service skill with regards to manufacturing team.
- Must have an extraordinary integrity level to ensure the highest level of quality product shipped.
- Must be data driven to make decision in the best interest of Gentex.
- Must possess above average interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Being a living example of what is expected of team members.
- Create a positive atmosphere which encourages new ideas and communication.
- This position is accountable directly to the CIT manager, through Test Engineers.
- Responsible to establish personal working relationships with production and engineering team members.
Gentex is an equal opportunity employer
Gentex extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees regardless of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), disability, marital status, military service, height, weight, genetic information, or any other reason protected by law.
Gentex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Gentex will not discriminate against any qualified individual who can perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Understand your right to work
At Gentex, we use E-verify to confirm you're authorized to work in the U.S.
E-Verify – English & Spanish
Right to Work – English
Right to Work - SpanishID:uDnQdo