Buckeye Partners, LP
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Technician I with either related work experience in industrial environments or graduate of an electrical/mechanical technical school program.
The Technician I role is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment at pipeline and terminal facilities. The Technician I role performs basic routine operations and maintenance on equipment at pump stations (tank farms), remote booster stations, pipeline ROW, pipeline facilities, remote valve sites, and delivery terminals. Depending on the Buckeye facility need, the Technician I may perform operations and maintenance tasks on electrical systems and equipment.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
- Maintenance Projects. Under general supervision performing overall support for pipeline and terminal facilities equipment and systems in the assigned area including but not limited to the maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, installation and removal of all electrical, mechanical, communication, control, and measurement equipment.
- Performing and recording regulatory and Company policy preventative maintenance inspections and procedures as identified in the Maintenance and/or Regulatory Manuals and in JDE system.
- Continuous Education. Maintaining a high level of knowledge relating to new and current technology and equipment.
- Procuring and managing the efforts of outside contractors as required.
- Policy Implementation. Implementing company policies, standards, drawings, diagrams and construction specifications for the installation of new facilities and the repair or upgrade of existing facilities.
- Product Training. Training Operations personnel and others in the use of new or modified equipment or software.
- Maintaining equipment records and furnishing documentation per Company policy of work performed.
- Overall Technical Level of 1-19 on the Technician Career Ladder
- And other duties as assigned.
- Two-year associate’s degree in a technical field (electrical, electronic, or mechanical) OR the equivalent combination of education/work experience is required.
- Experience in pipeline, terminal or plant operations and maintenance is a plus.
- Experience installing or troubleshooting PLC’s (B&R, Siemens, Allen Bradley) and truck/rail load rack presets (Accuload, Multiload) is a plus.
- Experience in Measurement of Liquids or Gas is preferred.
- Basic Universal skills including basic understanding of Codes, Regulations, Company. Recommended Practices and Procedures as required by the skill.
- Exhibits basic familiarity with commercial and manufacture software programs as required by the skill.
- Must be supervised by more experienced Technicians, Engineers, or Supervisors when performing skill.
- Approximately 25% Travel required.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to navigate basic computer systems (i.e. Windows).
- Basic knowledge of SCADA applications and MS Office applications is a plus.
- In order to be successful in this position, the individual must possess good communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- The individual must have good analytical skills and good technical aptitude.
- This position requires incumbent to be able to function and participate within an asset team, and have a willingness to expand his role within the BPL “High performance Team Culture”
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- The individual must be capable of performing the physical labor required to complete the responsibilities of this position (including capability to use related tools and work equipment).
- This role is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- This position requires the employee to occasionally access and work at or around heights in excess of 5 feet, moving mechanical parts, moving on-track rail equipment, petroleum product or other chemical fumes, vibration, uneven terrain, and high noise level in the work environment.
- The incumbent must meet medical criteria established by OSHA for emergency response.
- This position may require exposure to hazardous environments and require the wearing of a respirator.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- The incumbent in this role must wear Fire Retardant Clothing (FRC) and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate with others.
Dependent upon qualifications, the estimated salary range for this position is $64,000 to $77,000 per year.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htmID:uDnQdo