Electro Mechanic Technician
SWPC Plastics, LLC
Since 1852 Smith & Wesson has empowered Americans with the freedom, equality, and security promised by the Declaration of Independence and guaranteed by the Bill of Rights. It is this sense of safety and security that frees us to pursue our goals and dreams, define our future, and fulfill the promise of America.
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Investment 401K Plan & Profit Sharing
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Vacation, Holidays & Winter Shutdown
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Product Discounts
- Service Awards
Scope of job:
The Electro Mechanic Technician is responsible for all maintenance activities. This includes packaging equipment (conveyors/ palletizing equipment) assembly line equipment, plastic injection molding machinery, media blasting/finishing equipment, preventative and predictive maintenance. The maintenance can range from repairs on automated conveyer systems (electrical and mechanical), electrical wiring, mechanical repairs, to HVAC troubleshooting, and basic plumbing on equipment. The position requires 60 to 80 percent preventative/ proactive maintenance on automated conveyer systems and building systems. Candidates should have experience with Fire and Life Safety Systems and the performance of scheduled checks and tests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- React to work orders that are tracked through a company work order management system
- Responsible for facilities systems and equipment; must be able to work independently
- Perform all required Maintenance, Inspection, Lubrication and Service tasks
- Support all equipment activities including documentation
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment problems
- Perform equipment breakdown repairs and PM activities
- Always leave work areas in a neat and clean manner
- Identify & replace worn components before mechanical breakdown
- Develop Preventative Maintenance procedures as required
- Perform Electrical and PLC troubleshooting (teach sensors, replace sensors, cord/plug components, etc.)
- Replace system parts working to tolerances of + 0.02 inches
- Troubleshoot and resolve production line bottlenecks
- Maintain Equipment/Area; spare parts, tools and consumables
- Input required information into data collection systems
- Initiate and complete all work within the plant work order management system
- Ability to search for and locate spare parts in inventory and retrieval system
- Execute periodic cleaning tasks for equipment areas and document task completion
- Utilize work order management system to document periodic scheduled tasks
- Perform safety risk assessments for responsible equipment
- Perform periodic safety inspections as required
- Report safety issues through consistent use of safety processes
- Develop SOPs for responsible equipment and area
- Participate in Reliability and 5S implementation in maintenance areas (shop, other mechanical)
- Comply with all company and plant rules
- Complete all other assigned duties.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience:
- Associates/Technical Degree preferred or sufficient related work experience
- 5-7 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required in a warehouse, or production environment and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas
- Ability to obtain DOT/Forklift licenses
- Knowledge of proper use of slings and eyebolts preferred
Competencies and Skills:
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting
- Must understand fire and life safety codes and perform tests on systems
- Must have good troubleshooting skills
- Must have good computer skills including MS office, PLC programing and CMMS experience
- Must be able to speak, read and write English as a primary language
- Must have working knowledge of NFPA standards
- Must have good trouble shooting skills.
- Must be able to read electrical and mechanical prints
- Must have working knowledge electrical distribution systems and codes
- Works in a manufacturing environment
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Able to stand, sit, stoop, squat and walk
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
Within any of our facilities, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting. Work environment is similar to most manufacturing and distribution operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting, continuous exposure to hot temperatures, may be humid, odors, dust, continuous exposure to mechanical hazards, and occasional exposure to chemical hazards.
The following Personal Protective Equipment is required:
- Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when on manufacturing floor
The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.