Electronic Assembler 1 – SMT/Setup
Universal Avionics, an Elbit Systems company
Not many people can say they work in an industry that makes air travel safer, efficient, and more reliable. At Universal Avionics - we can! As an Electronic Assembler SMT/Setup at UA, you will be an important part of a company that's leading the future of aviation to ensure easier management and safety & reliability of all phases of flight.
You will part of a team working on the SMT/Setup production line, operating SMT machine and performing a variety of electronic and/or mechanical assembly operations on printed wiring boards and mechanical assemblies according to specifications. You will be responsible for the quality of your work and must perform to the required standard rate. You must be able to inspect incoming parts before and after work is done.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Gathering materials from inventory to load onto SMT feeder carts; transact material required in each setup in the ERP system. Prepare materials required for each SMT run.
- Deliver material requests to different areas of the production floor.
- Must be familiar with CCAs (Circuit Card Assemblies), manufacturing assemblies and its processes.
- Operating SMT (Surface Mount Technology) equipment along with material setups.
- Familiar with and carry out some Material Handler duties, preferably with electronic components that come in a reel.
- Familiar with ESD and MSD terms.
- Under general supervision, uses visual aids and verbal/written instructions. Read and understand Procedures/Processes. Assignments can be complex and personal judgment may be used to resolve problems. Some functions may require industry standard certification.
- Clearly and concisely communicate information verbally to other team members and also enter it into a computer database.
- Be willing to flex into other positions as needed and be willing to help other team members when asked to do so.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner and meets commitments.
- Dependability: Is consistently at work and on time. Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes respectful, constructive feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Communication: Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values and follows company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and policies.
Ability to perform simple math functions, read measuring devices such as scales and rulers to measure distance and volume and calculate tolerances.
Ability to apply common sense based on standard input to carry out detailed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows software. Operate MFG specific software programs.
Certificates and Licenses
May require industry standard certifications.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Safety equipment will be required to perform certain jobs.
Some functions require work to be performed under magnification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus and work under magnification.
What motivates our team:
- Excellent benefits, including medical, vision, dental, PTO, 401k, and much more, as well as a robust health & wellness program
- Strong life-work balance
- Great company culture
- Groundbreaking work opportunities
- Impactful innovation in the avionics industry
- Passionate & dedicated team members
- A work environment that fosters training, professional development, and career advancement
Why you’ll like working here:
- Universal Avionics is a mid-sized company with all the functions and benefits of a much larger organization, so you get the best of both worlds.
- You’ll make an impact! You’ll be part of a company that is making huge strides in the safety and reliability of air travel.
- You’ll work with very motivated and skilled people who are excellent at what they do and are great mentors.
- You’ll bring your own unique skills set and passion to create a mutually beneficial working and learning environment.
- At UASC, we care about our employees, both personally and professionally.