Electronic Test Technician
Ontic Engineering & Manufacturing
We are a fast-paced business with ambitious growth plans; so if you are dedicated, enthusiastic and always seeking ways to improve, you'll enjoy a career with us!
Become part of a dynamic aerospace company. Ontic Engineering and Manufacturing Inc. is currently looking for Test Technician’s for its operations center in Creedmoor, NC. Ontic is engaged primarily in electro-mechanical assemblies for the aerospace industry including general aviation, commercial and military applications.
Ontic has a long history in the Aerospace and Defense marketplace, producing high quality products used in both legacy and modern applications.
The Electro/Mechanical Test Technician position will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing test and/or inspection of electronic product.
- Knowledge & Experience working with electronic LRU’s containing PCB/modules.
- Perform tests by setting up and utilizing test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, frequency generators, and multi-meters
- Complete and maintain all required documentation and records accurately and in a timely manner
- Assist engineering personnel in the troubleshooting, modification, and/or repair of non-conforming units
- Additional duties to include, but not limited to calibration, in-line inspection, and final inspection of units/assemblies
- Perform maintenance on all test production equipment and fixtures, including soldering ability
- Troubleshoot equipment and process issues that arise and create positive solutions
- Give support and resolve issues with test equipment supplied by the transition group
We are looking for a candidate with the following experience/qualifications:
Minimum educational and work experience requirements for the successful candidate will include the following:
- Associates degree in electronics field or equivalent military training required
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in an electro-mechanical or electronic test environment
- Must be able to read blueprints, troubleshoot from schematics, and assist in writing test procedures
- Must be proficient in the use of test, inspection, and calibration equipment
- Demonstrated hands on manufacturing / shop floor experience
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, etc)
- Proven ability to initiate and execute change into mature processes
- Mechanically inclined and understands production fabrication and assembly
- Deep firsthand knowledge of manufacturing operations, the ability to provide real time shop support with solid troubleshooting skills leading to consistent production and quality
Candidates shall be required to successfully conduct testing procedures and physical dexterity assessment during interview.
Ontic offers competitive compensation, an excellent 401k plan along with medical, dental, disability, life insurance, paid time off and holidays
Interested individuals should send resume with salary requirements
Ontic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position requires use of information, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of the ITAR. The ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Ontic Engineering and Manufacturing Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of the ITAR. The ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.ID:uDnQdo