Electronics Development Engineer
The Raymond Corporation
Job Title Electronics Development Engineer
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We’re looking for an Electronics Development Engineer. This role will support new product design, development, and integration of electronic components and systems for use on electric powered forklift trucks. The truck designs will include advanced wired and wireless communication, ARM microprocessors, and support peripherals for application in forklift control systems and IoT. You will:
- Verify designs and create production test specifications and software.
- Create documentation for programmable circuits incorporating microprocessors and microcontrollers.
- Partner with senior electrical and embedded software engineers to define design validation and documentation.
- Derive and define component/ system level interface requirements.
- Work with reliability engineering and supply partners to develop and qualify new systems/components.
- Design, create, and document low level embedded software drivers to verify designs incorporating modern microcontrollers/microprocessors, analog and digital sensor elements, power regulation circuits, wired and wireless communication systems (Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth, CAN, ISM, Ethernet, etc.).
- Create low level software drivers in embedded C or C++ that can be incorporated into application source code.
- Participate and lead design reviews and product verification processes.
- Perform initial circuit board bring-up and measure performance to verify functional requirements.
- Perform engineering analysis and/or design of various basic to complex electronic components and systems utilizing traditional engineering techniques such as design analysis, simulation, and performance validation.
- Test and troubleshoot complex designs utilizing advanced laboratory equipment (O-Scopes, Logic Analyzers, etc).
- Travel under 5%.
- Document detailed interface specifications based on device datasheet and application requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Programmable device IDE and C or C++ experience.
- Are innovative, curious, and possess strong interpersonal skills.
It would be great if you had:
- Prior electronic or software design work or co-op/intern experience.
- Experience with Embedded Linux.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Expected to be between $68,000 and $134,000 depending on the selected candidate’s background.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation available on day 1
- Vacation, Sick, & Volunteer Time
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program