Ontic Engineering & Manufacturing
We are a fast-paced business with ambitious growth plans; so if you are dedicated, enthusiastic and always seeking ways to improve, you'll enjoy a career with us!
Who are we?
Ontic is an Industry Leader, with 45 years supporting the Aerospace Industry, with aircraft technology, parts, and MRO support. We have a unique business model which is inspired by our past and focused on our future. Our vision is to bring a new lease on life for the aerospace and defense industry.
What are we Hiring For? We are hiring an Electronics Manufacturing Engineer to join our Chatsworth, CA operation.
What will you be doing?
The Electronics Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for planning, coordinating, and guiding the activities of the manufacturing engineering activities as they relate to the assembly and testing of legacy products in a factory new (FN) environment and in a manufacturing repair and overhaul (MRO) environment.
The primary focus of this position is to oversee the introduction and integration of newly ‘adopted’ electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies to ensure their continued production in the most cost-effective way possible. This includes working from engineering drawings/change orders, component/product specifications, and engineering prototypes to determine the tooling, materials, methods of manufacture, and the test equipment required to manufacture the product with maximum efficiency and minimal waste within established cost and specification guidelines while maintaining the quality of the original product.
- Min. 5 years experience in aerospace electronics manufacturing, planning and fabrication, working with circuit board assemblies to the component level, AC/DC motors, and associated wire harnesses.
- Working knowledge of electronic assembly acceptability standard, IPC-A-610 and solder workmanship standard, J-STD-001, for class 3 assemblies.
- Working knowledge of wet processes (cleaning and conformal coating, parylene coating, component staking and encapsulation, etc.).
- Proficient in reading/understanding circuit schematics (digital/analog/micro-controllers), component specifications, and assembly drawings.
- Working knowledge of NI Labview Software and PXI Test Systems desirable.
- Knowledge of materials, outside processes, non-destructive testing (NDT) and specifications as related to precision aerospace components and systems.
- Basic understanding of drafting practices and geometric tolerancing.
- Experience with FAA Repair Station procedures and regulations desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to write clear and concise technical reports.
- Project management skills.
B.S. Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution preferred.
What Benefits Do We Offer? Ontic monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and benefits. Great Health Coverage, PTO, 401K matching, Annual Goal Share Bonus.
We are a fast-paced business with ambitious growth plans; so, if you are dedicated, enthusiastic and always seeking ways to improve, you'll enjoy a career with us!
WE ARE MORE THAN THE SUM OF OUR PARTS
Compensation Pay Range
Ontic Engineering and Manufacturing Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of the ITAR. The ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.