Electronics Quality Engineer III
We begin with dreams. Dreams drive our motivation. Dreams are our future. The world's dreams, people's dreams, our dreams. Our passion creates ideas that make dreams come alive. Technology and products that were only dreams become reality.
All for dreams. Dreams challenge and the Nidec-Group will continue to meet the challenge. For the world's and people's tomorrows; the world's first, the world's best technologies and products; we will continue our part in creating a better society.
A critical technical Electronics Quality Engineer in the Motion & Drives Quality team responsible for electronics drives and component quality, reliability, cost reduction and warranty mitigation. This is a critical role to support new product development and qualification supporting global electronic product engineering development. This position also provides quality direction and support to procurement to help select, qualify, and develop electronic suppliers to manufacture and test electronic drives and parts. The role also provides technical quality engineering direction to the RoboteQ Scottsdale Quality team as needed to support RoboteQ product quality and processes.
Finally, this role is responsible to listen and professionally respond to the voice of the customer.
- Provide quality engineering direction to electronics drive and component design and project engineers in multiple locations developing and testing new products
- Qualify and develop electronic contract manufacturer and other electronic component suppliers to have robust quality process to manufacture, assemble and test products
- Provide technical direction to Electronics Quality Supervisor and Technicians, Advanced Quality Engineers, Supplier Quality Engineers and other Quality resources
- Support continuous quality improvement activities to pursue zero defects including electronics supplier dashboards and scorecards
- Drive introduction of new models and changes with Electronic Supplier APQP and Supplier PPAP process to prevent issues
- Coordinate corrective and preventive action activities and quality metrics
- Implement, improve and maintain document electronic quality processes
- Identify and implement action plans to improve Motion & Drive Electronic Quality to 50% PPM year over year improvement level results at all locations
- Lead Electronic Supplier Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) teams and projects for New Product Introductions (NPI) and transfer of existing products and processes to proactively prevent all customer quality, plant process and engineering design issues that could be caused by changes
- Interact with Customers, Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Procurement and Supplier Quality to identify and verify documentation of Critical to Quality (CTQ) requirements and specifications in the appropriate controlled documents
- Represent Electronics Quality department on cross functional NPI teams to assure Engineering designs are robust for quality and manufacturing while reinforcing zero defect philosophy across the business unit
- Perform detailed statistical analysis and create reports as appropriate to verify statistical process control and statistical capability of products, processes, tooling, gauges, etc. to implement robust processes capable of preventing nonconformances escapes for all customers
- Lead projects to design, quote, qualify and implement gauges, measurement systems, end of line testers, burn in tester and integrate with quality software systems when needed to support the plants, Engineering or Procurement
- Perform Six Sigma measurement system analysis (MSA) gauge repeatability and reproducibility (GR&R) statistical studies to implement measurement systems capable of adequately measuring and controlling the processes
- Frequent travel typically averaging less than 50% to Nidec plants and electronic contract manufacturing suppliers to audit manufacturing processes and process controls to verify the effectiveness of the process and customers as required for meetings to communicate quality metrics and corrective actions status or follow up on specific customer concerns
- Schedule and lead internal focus customer or overall plant quality meetings on a regular cadence to review electronic contract manufacturer supplier dashboard reviews to follow up on continuous improvement actions and drive continuous improvement activities at all plants
- Schedule and lead external customer meetings and internal plant 8D root cause, corrective and preventive action meetings as required to resolve specific customer concerns or communicate supplier quality metrics and actions
- Identify and implement warranty, scrap, and other cost reduction actions to support business unit Operating Profit (OP) objectives
- Implement and assure business unit compliance to ISO 9001:2015 processes, Quality Manual, Quality Policy and 3Q6S in pursuit of world class quality systems and metrics
- Support electronic supplier quality actions to implement Hoshin X Matrix business objectives
- Support the business unit Six Sigma process to include Green and Black Belt development, project implementation and cultural change
- Implement training programs for electronics quality and problem-solving tools as appropriate
- Consolidate and track business unit electronic quality metrics
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Applied Science; Master’s in Business Administration or Analytical Applied Science preferred
- Minimum 5-15 years of electronics quality or electronics manufacturing engineering experience with demonstrated capability utilizing problem solving tools in solving electronic manufacturing and customer problems.
- Prior experience required with IPC (or similar quality system) certification.
- Candidate must possess a solid project management background having a proven track record of driving projects from concept through completion.
- Possess the ability to analyze and interpret data utilizing Six-Sigma tools and methodologies. Thorough understanding of SPC processes along with Minitab statistical analysis software or equivalent.
- Public Speaking abilities required in representing business unit on customer visits, presentations and group quality training programs
- Strong English verbal and written skills required. Spanish, Chinese, or Japanese language skills a plus
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification required or commitment to complete certification, Black Belt preferred
- Shainin RedX training and certification preferred
- OpEx training a plus
- ISO 9001 or TS 16949 Lead Auditor certification
- IPC certification
- AIAG Core Tools and GDT training
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Quality Manager and Operational Excellence
- Strong 8D problem solving tool knowledge and ability to lead teams to problem resolution
- A team player; willing to work with others in the company to achieve results
- Frequent domestic and/or international travel is required - approximately less than 50%
Additional Job Details
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following website: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Nidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.ID:uDnQdo