Embedded Software Test Supervisor
The Embedded Software Test Supervisor is a senior technical position at Toyota Material Handling. Candidates with this title will be responsible for directly contributing to software and firmware development projects. This contribution will consist of creating system designs, making architectural decisions, working on features integration, testing, and releasing of FW images. This position is partly responsible for the technical growth of the group and requires mentorship, guidance on best practices, and design reviews to ensure only the highest quality of implementations.
Projects may be at various stages when the candidate joins, so this position will be dynamic and changing according to project needs. Writing and reviewing functional specifications based on business requirements, documenting code, testing and validating, or supporting products in the field are all within scope of this position.
As an Embedded Software Test Supervisor, technical aptitude in software principals is solid, as are technical leadership capabilities. The ability to create strategic roadmaps to support the company’s long-term initiatives is required. The level of effort to manage the engineer is minimal, as the engineer is capable of understanding the big picture and managing deliverables autonomously.
Essential Position Duties:
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers in a customer-centric manner
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Capable of working autonomously with proper guidance and training
- Must be flexible and willing to learn new skills
- Responsible for the design and quality of entire systems consisting of multiple complex modules or subsystems. This will require technical leadership of junior members responsible for individual modules
- Provide input to the strategic planning for the group’s long-term initiatives
- Committed to working in an alert and safe manner and with engineering rigor while upholding Toyota’s Core Values at all times
- Understanding of Toyota Material Handling’s product portfolio and business practices
- Highly skilled and committed to creating strong technical documentation
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Additional duties as assigned
Specific Position Skills:
- Strong background leading the Software/Firmware testing (strategies) for embedded systems (electronic devices, automotive devices, industrial devices, and related) projects
- Experience designing and creating testing plans for different phases of firmware/software development life cycle
- 10+ years of experience participating in Software/Firmware projects
- Strong knowledge of Software/Firmware quality
- Significant background in delivering the coordination of resources including setting tasks, risks and service requirements
- Able to illustrate significant use of analytical techniques including risk-based testing and test analysis and design techniques
Experience with Agile and CI/CD development environment and tools, such as Azure, GitLab, Jenkins
- Desirable: Familiar with testing of software with wireless connectivity
- Desirable: Familiar with testing automation
Education & Experience:
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Related Areas
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion. Frequent use of computer and telephone.
Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
What You’ll Get in Return:
Toyota Material Handling offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees which includes:
- Generous Salary + Bonus Program
- Low cost Medical with FREE Dental and FREE Vision Insurance
- FREE on-site medical center
- On-site Pharmacy
- FREE on-site gym membership
- Wellness program (offers premium discounts for the medical plan)
- 401k matching
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program (EAP) that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Generous paid time off (PTO) allotment
- Between 13-14 paid holidays
- New Parent Leave
Affirmative Action Responsibility:
As a proud equal opportunity employer, reasonable accommodations may be available to individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential functions of a role.
It is Toyota Material Handling’s policy to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.