Emergency Services and Security Technician
Dow Chemical Company
At Dow, we believe in putting people first and we’re passionate about delivering integrity, respect and safety to our customers, our employees and the planet.
Our people are at the heart of our solutions. They reflect the communities we live in and the world where we do business. Their diversity is our strength. We’re a community of relentless problem solvers that offers the daily opportunity to contribute with your perspective, transform industries and shape the future. Our purpose is simple - to deliver a sustainable future for the world through science and collaboration. If you’re looking for a challenge and meaningful role, you’re in the right place.
About you and this role
As the Emergency Service and Security Technician, you share responsibility for the implementation of the emergency services and security (ES&S) management system in order to meet business objectives and to maintain the license to operate. You provide hands-on emergency services and security activities for a specific plant. Requires broadened technical skills in analytical/scientific methods or operational processes to perform a defined array of activities. May act as an informal resource for team members with less experience.
- Contribute to the development of documented equipment maintenance, training and operational check requirements and amending, as needed, to match global/local templates. Ensures that all maintenance training and operational check requirements meet global/local templates and that all emergency preparedness tasks performed are value adding leading to all emergency systems/equipment being ready for any emergency response.
- Contribute to developing operating discipline and using it to conduct emergency preparedness work and document performance.
- Checks emergency preparedness task list annually to confirm tasks are value adding.
- Complete the emergency preparedness tasks as per the site ES&S Preparedness Plan including Operating Discipline.
- Provide feedback regarding any discrepancies to the proper step in the site ES&S Preparedness Plan.
- Operate emergency response equipment.
- Enact emergency response plans.
- Execute the applicable scenarios from the emergency response plan or the alternate response plan and use operating discipline to complete the response to the emergency.
- Work with all security personnel in the preparation of secure asset plans and the development of operating discipline to execute secure asset tasks.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 3 or more years of experience working in an industrial environment or related field.
- Must possess a TWIC card or be eligible to obtain a TWIC card. For information on TWIC eligibility requirements, please see: https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic (If unable to access link, copy and paste in your browser.)
- Current, Valid US Drivers License.
- Must be able and willing to work a rotating shift.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime as needed.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Able to meet the following physical demands of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Able to pass a fit test.
- Lift, push, and pull 50 or more lbs.
- Frequent bending, reaching, and lifting
- Stand 50% of the time.
- Walk for extended periods of time
- Work at heights, climb stairs and ladders.
- Work in tight and closed in spaces.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment, including but not limited to respirator.
- Work in an area of intense or continuous noise.
- Work in an area with hazardous materials.
- Emergency Medical Technician (Basic) certification. (Must obtain EMT Basic within six months of hire).
- Security/Law Enforcement/Military training.
- Manufacturing experience.
- Previous participation on Emergency Response Team (Fire Fighter, EMT, Paramedic, Law Enforcement, or Military).
- Formal rescue training (Confined Space Entry, etc.).
- Be proficient in computers to perform job tasks.
- Have strong Interpersonal, Facilitative, and Organizational skills.
- Effectively interacts with multiple functions and diverse individuals to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates excellent decision making skills and the ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Effectively manages multiple competing priorities.
- Has strong troubleshooting skills.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate with a very diverse population which is spread across the site.
- Strong reading comprehension and listening skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
- Safety focused.
- The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur.
Benefits – What Dow offers you
We invest in you.
Dow invests in total rewards programs to help you manage all aspects of you: your pay, your health, your life, your future, and your career. You bring your background, talent and perspective to work every day. Dow rewards that commitment by investing in your total wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights of what you would be offered as a Dow employee:
- Equitable and market-competitive base pay and bonus opportunity across our global markets, along with locally relevant incentives.
- Benefits and programs to support your physical, mental and emotional well-being, to help you get the care you need...when you need it.
- Competitive retirement program that may include company-provided benefits, savings opportunities, financial planning and educational resources to help you achieve your long term financial-goals.
- Become a Dow shareholder through various employee stock programs.
- Opportunities to learn and grow through training and mentoring, work experiences, community involvement and team building.
- Workplace culture empowering role-based flexibility to maximize personal productivity and balance personal needs.
- Global Paid Time Off (PTO) policies:
- Paid time off for new parents (birthing and non-birthing, including adoptive and foster parents).
- Paid time off to care for family members who are sick or injured.
- Paid time off to support volunteering and Employee Resource Group’s (ERG) participation.
Join our team, we can make a difference together.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance leadership to achieve profitable growth and help deliver a sustainable future. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 37,800 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $57 billion in 2022. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, religion, sex, including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity, national origin, age, disability and genetic information, including family medical history. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR (833-693-6947) and select option 8. ID:uDnQdo