Employee Development Coordinator
Edlund Company, LLC
The Edlund Company, an OEM manufacturer of commercial restaurant equipment is committed to providing cost-effective solutions, outstanding quality, and value-added equipment that meets the ever-changing needs in the global food service marketplace.
The primary responsibility of the Employee Development Coordinator is the facilitation of on-boarding, coaching, and training coordination of the production and quality teams. The Employee Development Coordinator uses their expertise in manufacturing, quality, team facilitation, and coaching skills to guide team members through daily problem-solving activities to improve safety, quality, and productivity in our production operations through coaching and mentoring employees to create a dynamic workforce. The Employee Development Coordinator will also be responsible for ensuring the success of our training/cross training program for production employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mentor and coach employees to succeed in their roles in meeting expectations outlined in employee handbook
- Work with group leads and supervisors in developing employees to meet their full potential in meeting goals with a focus on quality, cost, delivery, safety, and morale. (QCDSM)
- Prepare for and facilitate the onboarding and training process and schedules for new production employees,
- In coordination with supervisors and group leads, prepare and facilitate the scheduling of cross-training plans for production employees,
- Prepare and maintain training records of all production and quality employees,
- Prepare and report on training effectiveness program goals and objectives,
- Provide recommendations on improvement of the onboarding and training process for production team members.
- Prepare for and facilitate Idea System floor meetings in coordination with production supervisors, team leads, maintenance, safety, and quality personnel,
- Prepare Idea System measures and metrics and update the team using visual shop floor charts and other means of communicating crucial information related to the progress of the program,
- Provide daily and weekly updates to management regarding the progress towards Idea System goals and objectives,
- Coordinate efforts to solve problems related to quality, productivity and safety with other supervisors, managers, and peers,
- Plan for and monitor supplies needed to support onboarding, training, and Idea System programs.
- Assist with manufacturing engineering to prepare, write, and maintain Job Breakdown Sheets to support training and improvement efforts in the factory.
- Provide training to Idea System participants related to the use of quality improvement tools, problem solving tools and idea system generation techniques.
- Assist, participate and coordinate activities with Manufacturing Engineering related to line layout, workplace organization, continuous improvement, 5S, Problem Solving and Job Breakdown Sheet activities.
- Prepare and coordinate the training of quality processes and functions related to incoming inspection, in-process inspection and finished good inspections.
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards, safety and stretching requirements directed by Edlund Company and the department.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to learn how to operate various machines.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to team and/or employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work from verbal instructions, job instructions and machine manuals to assure consistency in quality and workmanship.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of Associates Degree in a Technical or Engineering discipline is required, Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Sciences is preferred, or equivalent job experience.
- Safe work practices.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Previous Manufacturing experience is preferred.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND APTITUDES:
- Excellent facilitation skills in small groups across diverse disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak, write and present in formal and informal business engagements.
- Excellent graphic media skills such as formatting of charts, graphs, documents, presentations, photo editing, simple cloud database and web-coding experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding continuous improvement concepts and skills with an emphasis on team problem solving and participating in or leading factory flow initiatives.
- Ability to positively and comfortably handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with focused attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, patient, and positive leader with ability and desire to train and interact with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with the job description and company policy.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to propose positive business solutions to problems.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed including job rotation and/or overtime.
- Ability to uphold Safety standards, participate in continuous process improvements on the job, and following our manufacturing best practices.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instruction.
- Ability to follow Edlund Company policies and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Ability to export datasets into Excel and create Pivot Tables, charts, and graphs,
- Ability to create comprehensive and customized word documents with charts, graphs, photos, embedded videos, etc.,
- Ability to learn and understand fabrication processes such as machining, stamping, press operations, laser cutting, punching, forming and assembly.
- Ability to learn and utilize quality instruments such as verniers, calipers, torque wrenches and other measuring tools.
- Predominately active with high frequency of standing, walking, lifting, reaching, hand and arm usage (67%-100% of the workday).
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.