Energy Solutions Performance Engineer I
What you will do
Under guidance of senior performance engineering team members, responsible for completing assigned M&V tasks on time and within budget. Participates as an active design team member in developing new M&V solutions. As the JCI performance engineering customer liaison, takes necessary actions to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Monitors and reports on assigned client’s energy consumption, utility usage, operations, and maintenance costs to ensure savings are consistent with contractual obligations and client goals. Proactively assists team in ensuring timely high value reporting to customer. Owns and manages assigned Performance Contracting archival records. Pro-actively identifies new Solutions sales opportunities. Demonstrated understanding and ability to apply Option A and B type of guarantees.
How you will do it
1. Owns and manages Johnson Controls Incorporated (JCI) tools & processes that ensure timely collection and accurate data entry of utility bills or other monitored consumption sources for portfolios up to $30M in active guarantees. Initiates actions and develops positive customer relationships to support this activity. Ensures delivered M&V costs are within 3% of estimated amounts.
2. As assigned, uses ability to communicate with technical and non-technical buyers, suppliers, and other JCI internal Partners (Systems & Service) to provide technical, process or financial support in the creation and maintenance of small non-complex M&V solutions.
3. Ability to successfully work with client on-site staff to ensure operations and maintenance of assets/equipment are within contractual terms. Proactively reviews and/or interprets problems or patterns related to utility bills and energy consumption to limit risk and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. As appropriate, solves issues or elevates to appropriate senior performance engineering members for team review and resolution.
4. Assists in development of customer baselines or benchmarks as needed.
5. Active in professional organizations. Participates in “added-value” customer and community events in support of their objectives.
6. Participates in transition meetings with Operations to ensure project scope, objectives, timeline, and customer requirements have been achieved and the start of the performance period is properly documented.
7. Fully Utilizes the Solutions Playbook, SOLAR toolset as well as other standard JCI
development and performance engineering processes and tools in performing tasks.
8. Responsible for assisting in the creation of high quality / high value performance reports that convey added value and analysis of cost reduction to contract specifications and/or guarantees (Options A, B, C, D and Non-Measured Savings) to the client. Responsibilities include the structure and grammar of the reports.
9. Actively participates in internal release or renewal meetings, customer kick-off meetings, and on-going account meetings including customer touch point visits.
10. On selected accounts, may participate in solution performance presentation to the customer.
11. Owns and manages up-to-date archival records associated with Performance Contracting projects.
12. Responsible for data input and accuracy in the Guarantee Risk manager database. Assists in the generation of internal risk management reporting as requested.
13. Monitors data gathering systems (Remote Measurement and Verification Monitoring/ECM, NISC Web Base Tool, FPI, etc.) to track energy consumption during the installation and guarantee/tracking phases. As appropriate, solves issues or elevates to appropriate senior performance engineering members for team review and resolution.
14. Promotes and completes EPA Green Light/Energy Star, renewable solutions, LEED and other award programs administrative requirements per contractual requirements.
15. Works to secure and maintain relevant professional certifications and licenses (e.g.,
Professional Engineering license).
16. Responsible for the promotion and adherence of JCI safety policies.
What we look for
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technical field (preferred studies included Thermodynamics, Hydronics, Psychometrics, Environmental or Facility Operating) & 2+ years of experience in HVAC/Performance Contracting/Utility report writing & business organization, or 5+ years proven track record of performance in Mechanical Systems data collection/operation & building systems or operations. Strong statistical analysis and excellent interpersonal communication, analytical and sound business
writing skills required. CEM in process, EIT preferred. Requires a responsible, self-starter who can handle multiple responsibilities with minimal supervision. Able to travel up to 50%.
If hired, candidate is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no later than his/her start date.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.