Energy Storage Electrical Engineer
Sea Ray Boats, Inc.
Are you ready for what’s next?
Come explore opportunities within Brunswick, a global marine leader committed to challenging conventions and innovating next-generation technologies that transform experiences on the water and beyond. Brunswick believes “Next Never Rests™,” and we offer a variety of exciting careers and growth opportunities within united teams defining the future of marine recreation.
Navico Group, a division of Brunswick, is the world's leading manufacturer of marine accessories for the boating industry, including a wide range of seating, hardware, fuel systems, navigational lighting, water systems, and other electro-mechanical components.
Whether on water or on the road, delivering an optimal user experience is at the heart of Navico’s business. It’s why we are proud to be the world’s leading supplier of products and integrated systems to the marine, RV, and Specialty Vehicle industries. Our broad portfolio of market leading brands in power management, digital control & monitoring, and networked devices are distributed globally to a diverse aftermarket and OEM customer base. Navico is driven, every day, to be the world’s most trusted partner to the marine and mobile industries.
This position will support the development of batteries and other power systems components from our Lowell, MI facility. The work is very hands-on and centric to our Lowell facility although some travel will be required for conferences, customer site visits and work at other Brunswick facilities.
We are seeking a team member to work to help design and engineer advanced energy storage systems for marine propulsion, commercial and RV use. The successful candidate will be comfortable in a hands-on environment using lab facilities and simulation tools. This position will interact with physical battery systems, battery management software, vessel control systems and simulation models.
- Develop battery system simulation capabilities for onboard power systems
- Create hardware in the loop (HIL) and software in the loop (SIL) tools
- Support our onsite warranty process through process administration and hands-on failure mode analysis
- Administer our onsite battery storage facilities and ensure compliance with insurance and other storage requirements
- Work with and develop battery pack designs
- Participate in competitive benchmarking
- Contribute to state of the art pack designs
- Ensure the system meets functional safety requirements
- Verify compliance per ISO, ABYC and other certifying bodies
- Develop safety methods for handling of large format battery packs
- Collaborate with Cross Enterprise Electrification team to develop robust energy storage systems
- Coordinate vessel/vehicle-level system activities
- Define supplier standards and requirements
- Manage relationships with suppliers
- Understand and execute tradeoff studies
- Support failure modes analysis, design validation plans, and functional requirements documentation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with power electronics and/or energy storage
- A willingness to learn and grow as part of a highly engaged team
- Competency in working across engineering disciplines
- Thrive in a dynamic, start-up environment
- Prior exposure to manufacturing
- An understanding of materials science and material selection for power electronics
- Previous work with electrical safety standards
This position is based in the Navico Electrification Tech Center in the Grand Rapids/Lowell Michigan area. This is the primary location for our North American product development and testing facilities.
Next is Now!
We value growth and development, recognizing that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.#Brunswick Corporation ID:uDnQdo