Eng II – Test
Job DescriptionSee what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) has technology, engineering and program teams that educate and mentor colleagues to deliver leading Electronic Warfare capabilities. We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation, want to drive fielding velocity, and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe.
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform work onsite, some roles may be (mostly) full time on-site. Work that can be done remotely will allow for a hybrid working environment.
Thank you for your interest in BAE Systems! Are you an Electrical, Software or Test Design Engineer with 4+ years of experience looking for the next step to grow your career? Do you want to design and develop test solutions and/or write test software that is mission critical and be a part of a greater cause? Then, help us protect those that protect us by developing the Next Generation Electronic Warfare Systems Products and Solutions. We need your talent, motivation, and vision to join our New Hampshire based team. BAE Systems has recently been awarded new programs and is currently undergoing an exciting period of growth. We have multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire (our locations include Nashua, Hudson, Merrimack and Manchester).
When you become a member of our team, you will work across multiple disciplines and collaborate with Systems, Hardware and Test Engineers to impact all phases of the Product Development Lifecycle. At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer a flexible work environment and 9/80 work schedule. Our company is part of the community, and driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
Specific Skill Sets We Are Looking for:
- RF Test Development Skills
- NI Test Stand and CVI Software Skills
- Automated Test and Measurement Software Development Skills
- JTAG, Boundary Scan Experience
- PCIE and Gig-E Experience
Roles Available with Typical duties (based on experience):
- Software - Test Program Set (TPS) Developers
- Architecting, designing, analyzing, coding and code modification (typically in C++,C#, Test Stand, Labwindows/CVI ) of test software designs for modules, systems , subsystems or of test stand systems.
- Utilizing Test Stand and /or LabVIEW CVI based software development environments. Evaluating the test performance to required specifications and you will be integrating and testing in the selected target test environments for future use by the production organization.
- Evaluating and debugging advanced test solution designs to identify design flaws.
- Hardware - Test Program Set (TPS) Developers
- Integrated Test Adapter Design and Development utilizing
- Test CCA Design Cadence tools
- Fixture Design
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, the specific positions requires US citizenship status.
About BAE Systems Electronic SystemsBAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Required Skills and Education
- Programming Languages: Experienced in C,C++,C# and/or CVI for SW
- Test solution software integration
- Cadence for CCA Design
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years’ work experience or equivalent experience
- Possess good communication skills including interpersonal communication and team communication
- Takes initiative and has a closure-oriented nature
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience in factory production test stands, problem isolation and resolution. Debug skills.
- Experienced in using RF test instrumentation (Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generators, etc.)
- Tools: Experience using NI LabWindows CVI and TestStand
- Ability to perform test solution development: Hardware Focus (test adapters, cables, tools, and interface modules) and Software Focus (drivers, utilities, executives, and test software)
- Experience leading small teams