Job Description**Position can be in either Austin, TX or Endicott, NY location depending on candidate preference ***
**$10k minimum sign on bonus
It’s about the journey. Whether it’s a bus ride or flight, our commercial electronic systems help transport millions of passengers every day. Every second a plane takes off somewhere in the world, enabled by our flight-critical products. On the ground, our electric and hybrid solutions save more than 22 million gallons of fuel per year. Be part of our journey at Electronic Systems where you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us. In Controls & Avionics Solutions, you will have the opportunity to help define and develop the next generation of avionics – whether it is fly-by-wire flight controls, full authority digital engine controls, or power management.
The qualified candidate will have interest, skills and experience in the design of Power Electronics for use in aerospace flight control systems, engine control systems, flight deck, cabin systems and ground vehicle drive systems.
You will make impacts in the following ways:
- Design of DC/DC and AC/DC high reliability power electronics in the 20W to 500W output power range for use in severe operating environments.
- Perform circuit design tasks consisting of part selection, schematic capture, PWB creation support, performance analysis and simulation and design verification testing.
About BAE Systems Electronic SystemsBAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Required Skills and Education
- Experience with switching power supply converter topologies such as the Buck, Boost, Flyback, Forward, Push-Pull, Half-Bridge, Cuk, Sepic, etc
- Magnetics design experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of electronic power devices such as MOSFETs, Schottky Diodes, IGBT's'
- Good understanding of control loop analysis
- Experience with design analysis tools such as PSPICE, SIMPLIS, MathCad
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with synchronous rectification
- multi-phase converters, resonant converters, current fed converters, advanced packaging techniques
- Experience with radiation hardened, SEE immune design applications
- Experience with MIL-STD-704 and RTCA/DO-160
- Experience with EMI Filtering and Lightning Protection
- Digital design/embedded control experience
Typical Education and ExperienceTypically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience