Eng Prin – Sys
Job DescriptionOur growing business is located in the Greater Binghamton area which is home to several sports teams, shopping centers, a growing downtown, the State University of New York at Binghamton, several large healthcare employers and some of New York’s top-ranked school districts. The area enjoys a rich heritage with multiple diverse communities with local cuisine and festival celebrations. From the area to an hour out there is access to hiking, skiing, lakes, waterparks, casinos, golfing, camping and vineyards. A 9/80 work schedule gives employees a great opportunity to experience all that the region has to offer and provides a balanced work and family lifestyle.
BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Vehicle Systems Engineer to work on the development and support for Series Hybrid, and All-Electric propulsion systems for Heavy-Duty vehicles, Transit Buses, Maritime applications, and Military Vehicles. These markets are experiencing significant growth, and your talent will play a key role in the development of these solutions.
As a Senior Vehicle Systems Engineer you will make impacts in the following ways;
- Innovate our Smart Energy Technologies by performing systems engineering activities such as; developing system architectures and requirements, test plans and documentation of test results.
- Perform hardware and software system level integration and verification both in the lab and on vehicle.
- Will be actively involved in implementing, testing and validation including addressing safety, performance and efficiency of products.
Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
Engineers at our Endicott NY location support the following two Business Area’s
Controls & Avionics Solutions (CAS):
In Controls & Avionics Solutions, you will have the opportunity to help define and develop the next generation of avionics – whether it is fly-by-wire flight controls, full authority digital engine controls, or power management.
Power & Propulsion Solutions (PPS):
In Power & Propulsion Solutions, we’re involved with everything from providing efficient, power management on military vehicles to developing eco-friendly, hybrid and electric systems for the commercial world. Be part of a team that is helping to keep the air we breathe much cleaner.
About BAE Systems Electronic SystemsBAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Required Skills and Education
- Experience in vehicle or electronic control related development including familiarity with SAE J1939 interfaces and CAN communication.
- Experience in full lifecycle system development including requirements, design, integration, verification and validation.
- Technical writing skills: capable of creating required engineering documentation.
- Experience in integration and verification testing of both electrical/mechanical equipment and software.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Software Engineering and 8 or more years of relevant work experience that includes a strong integration knowledge base.
- US Citizenship is a requirement.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with development of customer requirements and vehicle system architectures.
- Experience with Vehicles with All-Electric or Hybrid Electric Propulsion
- Experience with Vehicle Safety standards such as ISO26262
- Experience with Requirements Management tools (i.e. Doors) and Configuration Management tools (i.e. Synergy).
- Experience in power electronics related design and development, including familiarity with motor drives, gate drivers, analog circuitry, and magnetics.
- Ability to work with software and FPGA controlled power converters and power systems. Must be willing to work in a high voltage / high power lab environment.
- Familiarity with Agile Software or Hardware Development Teams.
- Experience with vehicle in service diagnostics procedures.
- Working knowledge Matlab Simulink.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to lead working groups or program teams.
- Master's degree in engineering
Typical Education and ExperienceTypically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience