Eng Technologist Sr
Job DescriptionJoin BAE Systems’ Intelligence and Security Sector and be part of a team supporting the U.S. Navy’s Strategic Deterrent Submarine Force solving complex technical system level interfaces. We are seeking to fill an immediate need for an electrical and electronic engineering technician to join one of our keystone Strategic Systems Programs business teams developing intelligent maintenance wiring diagrams for our classified customer. This position develops maintenance wiring diagrams enhanced with intelligence allowing electrical and electronic wiring to be traced using highlighted colors and diagram-to-diagram hyperlink to aid in troubleshooting equipment and equipment interfaces.
The Role: See yourself:
- Producing electrical and electronic drawings illustrating Strategic Weapon System, system level and subsystem level equipment using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Excelling at extracting coordinated signals from reviewing blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions and applying electronic and electrical theory knowledge designing circuits
- Authoring the circuits, coding the diagrams wires to highlight in varied colors for signal tracing, diagram-to-diagram and dataset-to-dataset hyperlinking used in troubleshooting equipment and equipment interfaces
- As a critical team member collaborating virtually across technical teams involved in solving both electrical theory and engineering drawing standard practices
- Reviewing electrical and engineering alterations to identify necessary revisions, deletions, or amendments to existing diagrams.
- Functioning as required as Virtual worker collaborating with other team members to meet strict project timelines
- Critical Thinker
- Enjoy Complex Problem Solving
- Innovator that observes opportunities to introduce new technologies
- Thrive in interdependent work relationships
- Self-reliant and self-motivated
- Active Listener
Required Skills and Education
Typical education and years of related/relevant work experience required: Bachelor's Degree with four years of related/relevant work experience, but will consider an Associate's Degree with six years related/relevant work experience, or a High School Diploma with eight years of related/relevant work experience.
Additional skills/experience required:
Additional skills/experience required:
- U. S. Navy submarine electronics ratings training and experience
- Knowledge of electrical theory
- Knowledge of basic electrical and electronic component symbols
- Experience interpreting and analyzing wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions and applying electronic and electrical theory knowledge in circuit reviews.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Experience with Computer Aided Design software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Express knowledge, experience, and ability to write and execute manual troubleshooting plans to determine solutions
About BAE Systems Intelligence & SecurityBAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with SSP Electronic Technical Documentation (SSPETD)
- Experience with evaluating SSP Alterations (SPALTS), UK Alterations (UKALTs), and NAVSEA Alterations (TRIDs) for impacts to TRIDENT II SWS preventive and corrective maintenance paper and electronic maintenance documentation
- Experience with Bently© MicroStation
- Knowledge of IEEE and ANSI Engineering Drawing Standards
- Former U.S. Navy Missile Technician with experience with Strategic Weapon System (SWS) and\\or Attack Weapon System (AWS) operations.
Typical Education and ExperienceTypically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience