Engine Integration Technician (2nd Shift)
Blue Origin, LLC
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a diverse and hardworking team of Technicians, you will help in the integration and test, functional verification, and troubleshooting of propulsion systems and components for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of manufacturing, assembling and testing propulsion hardware.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Fabrication and maintenance of propulsion hardware and equipment
- Installation of electrical wire harnesses and instrumentation
- Assist engineers in reviewing design concepts, providing feedback for improvements
- Familiarity working with assembly fixture tooling
- Review and follow work instructions for complex mechanical installations
- Innovate to improve processes and increase efficiency of operations
- Maintain inventory of parts and equipment for assembly, test and maintenance of propulsion systems
- Flexibility in work schedule, supporting all shifts/OT, as necessary, to support business needs
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- 5+ years’ experience in aerospace maintenance and manufacturing.
- Ability to interpret engineering fabrication drawings and electrical schematics
- Ability to read, understand, and use technical manuals and detailed work instructions
- Knowledge in the proper use of different types of aerospace fittings
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to utilize hand tools, power tools and heavy equipment
- Use of precision measuring instruments and attention to detail
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as be a self-starter
- Climb ladders and stairs, and work in small, restricted areas
- Lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Work schedule may vary and depend on hardware and testing
- Ability to support Weekend Shift (Friday - Sunday) or second shift (Monday -Thursday)
- Must be able to work weekend shift
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- 10+ years’ experience in propulsion integration and testing
- Associates degree in a technical field
- Knowledge of precision inspection equipment, including bore scopes maintenance and their use
- Experience with critical sealing surface requirements
- Experience with thread insert installation and thread tapping tools
- A&P license or equivalent experience in integration and test of propulsion systems
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as overhead cranes and forklifts on flight hardware
- Experience with 3D measurement tools, such as Faro Arms/Trackers and Verisurf software
- Knowledge in the use of 3D CAD tools (CREO is preferred), and ability to read and interpret GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard
- Familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Compensation range for on site WA applicants:
Technician - Integration Engineering II is $28.13 - $41.25
Compensation range for on site CA applicants:
Technician - Integration Engineering II is $28.13 - $41.25
Other site ranges may differ
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays
Discretionary bonus programs