Engineer I – Research and Development
Who We Are
Vermeer equips customers doing important work around the world. We are global, driven by innovation and growing. The equipment we make manages natural resources, connects people and feeds and fuels communities. We live out a caring culture, we demonstrate agility, we keep a focus on customers and are stewards of our resources. These beliefs drive our culture, determine how we treat others and steer our business.
Work Shift1 - First ShiftAre you a disruptive innovator who is passionate about applying new technology to real world customer needs? In this role, you will analyze, innovate, design, develop and test proof of concepts for stakeholder evaluation. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced, hands-on team who can use their creativity to solve customer articulated and unarticulated needs.
What You’ll Do
1. Innovate and design profitable solutions for the agricultural and construction industry.
2. Determine the articulated and unarticulated needs of global customers through research and observation.
3. Create and evaluate proof of concepts to validate the idea for further evaluation by the stakeholders. Demonstrate to team members, customers or dealers the product needs to better define the product.
4. Fosters dealer or stakeholder relationships to research unidentified needs and to perform validation.
What We’re Looking For
- Four year college degree in Agricultural, Computer, Electrical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of four years' experience.
- Proficient in Solidworks or equivalent CAD tool.
- Proficient in C++, Python and Mathlab preferred.
- Proficient in Design of Experiment preferred.
- Proficient in gathering and evaluating data logs.
- Familiarity with robotics, perception sensors and control system theory.
- Understands product development activities to release successful products from a performance standpoint.
- Ability to operate, test and troubleshoot mobile equipment.
- Knowledge of customer satisfaction, machine manufacture, hydraulic systems and electrical systems.
- Occasional travel is expected of this position.
Work LocationHYBRID: Some of a team member’s day-to-day work may be best done at a location other than a Vermeer campus. Discuss specific arrangements with your manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Vermeer Corporation, we believe in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by the law. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions at (641) 621-8767 or at email@example.com.
Interested? We’d love to get to know you.ID:uDnQdo