Fincantieri ACE Marine
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Position Title: Engineer II
Location of Position: United States -- Wisconsin -- Sturgeon Bay
Business Group: Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding
Position Type: Full-Time; Permanent; Exempt
Reports To: Department Engineering Manager (Structure, Marine, Electrical)
Position Summary: This position is responsible for solving technical problems within field of expertise, develop applicable documentation, and supervise all assigned resources to support the assigned project at our vast, 63-acre facility. Significant heavy manufacturing takes place both in several fab shops, as well as on the waterfront. The successful candidate will support the 1,000+ working men and women on our waterfront by assisting the Engineering Managers and Project Engineers in determining the technical requirements of the project; defining resource requirements to achieve schedule and budget commitments; and solving technical issues as they arise.
- Follow FBS Safety Policy.
- Abide by, and enforce, all organizational policies and procedures.
- Lead or participate in internal and external meetings.
- Prepare schedules for undertaking engineering work.
- Schedule and monitor assigned work and the work of assigned resources.
- Supervise 2-8 assigned resources.
- Solve technical issues for approval by department supervision.
- Track and report progress to budget and schedule commitments.
- Prepare, check and issue professional quality deliverables (ECNs, WINs, Work Orders, PTSs, Reports, Studies, Proposals).
- Facilitate communications of issues and solutions throughout FBS.
- Interpret contract requirements.
- Lead projects, internal or external.
- Participate in yearly evaluations.
- Distribute budgets for projects.
- Prepare estimates as required.
- Assist in developing contract change documents or proposals to support project needs.
- Use of 2D and 3D shipbuilding software in the development of production documentation.
- Specify and requisition material through company ERP system.
- Write test memos and procedures.
- Assist in carrying out testing specified in test memos and procedures.
- May be required to lead or participate in product improvement projects.
- Ability and willingness to engage in highly energetic pursuits on the waterfront.
- Maintain a commitment to and promote the Quality and Environmental, Health & Safety Policies.
- Ensures Accountability -- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Optimizes Work Processes (Quality & Continuous Improvement) -- Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding (FBS) is located in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. With roots dating back to 1918, we currently exist as an industry leader in new construction, repair, and major conversions. The FBS portfolio includes articulated tug-barge units, OPA 90-compliant vessels, dredges and dredging support equipment, and offshore supply vessels along with specializing in Great Lakes self-unloading vessels. We strive to be the shipbuilder of choice in safety, quality, value and dependability by offering innovative and competitive maritime solutions tailored to our customers' needs. Our mission is to build, repair and sustain maritime vessels that proudly supply, service and defend our nation and the world.
Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We promote a Drug Free Work Environment and require pre-employment drug testing as well as mandatory random drug testing.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Human Resources Department at [email protected].