Engineer-In-Training – Structural
Des Moines, IA
Stanley Consultants is currently hiring for a Structural Engineer-In-Training for our Des Moines, IA office. In this entry-level position you will support our clients by providing technical expertise in design, calculations, drawing preparation, and field reviews on transportation structural projects throughout Iowa and the Midwest. Projects will include the design of new and rehabilitation of bridges, retaining walls, culverts, and other structures. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and willing to learn with a committed interest in transportation structures.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data from reports, maps, drawings, tests, and aerial photographs to plan and design projects.
- Assist in determining client requirements and developing reports, calculations, specifications, drawings, instructions, and related documents.
- Prepare and check design computations and quantity estimates.
- Use structural engineering software to perform computer assisted structural analysis.
- Use Microstation CAD software to prepare drawings, sketches, and displays.
- Perform quality control checks on calculations, drawings, and other contract documents.
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates, construction schedules, and environmental studies for projects .
- Consult with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing, and scheduling of construction activities.
- Coordinate with other transportation disciplines with structure layouts and details.
- Assist in field evaluations of existing structures.
- Visit active construction sites to monitor construction and document progress.
- Must possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with a structural engineering emphasis preferred.
- Must possess Engineer Intern (EI) certification/license.
- Possess a minimum of 0 to 4 years of relevant experience with structures.
- Previous experience delivering projects for the Iowa DOT Bridges and Structures Bureau is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience with Microstation (or AutoCAD) is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience with structural engineering software is preferred, but not required.
- Must possess great communication skills to develop productive working relationships with other team members.
- Requires organization skills to perform tasks on multiple projects at a given time.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level with a company that is committed to innovative growth and improving lives in the communities where we live and work? Stanley Consultants is an award winning, interdisciplinary consulting firm providing program management, planning, design, permitting, engineering, and environmental services. Recognized for its commitment to client service and a passion to make a difference, Stanley Consultants brings global knowledge, experience, and capabilities to serve federal, municipal, and industrial clients. Stanley Consultants solves complex challenges in power generation and delivery, transportation, water, energy, and industrial plants, building services, and the environment. Since 1913, Stanley Consultants has successfully completed more than 50,000 projects globally in more than 100 countries, including all 50 of the United States and its territories.
Throughout our history, Stanley Consultants has remained an employee-owned company, committed to a legacy of professional independence and objectivity. The commitment to private ownership, shared responsibility and reward has sustained us for more than 100 years.
A Great Place to Work: Become a Member
Once you are hired at Stanley Consultants, you become a member of our member-owned company. Our Core Values speak to the capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment that make you, as a member, our most important asset. As a member, you have the opportunity to chart your own career path and play a role in shaping our mutual future.