Job SummaryGeneral Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
The Aircraft Conceptual Design and Development (ACDD) Team at GA-ASI in Poway, CA has an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced engineer to lead avionics system initiatives that foster collaborative, innovative and agile system developments across the life cycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies digital engineering principles to develop, analyze, and manage systems over their life cycles.
- Performs use case analysis and architecture modeling to understand customer needs and support requirements development.
- Analyzes, decomposes, and derives system-level requirements, and then flows them down to lower level specifications.
- Develops Interface Control Documents, Hardware and Software Requirement Specifications, and Performance Specifications.
- Manages requirements using Jama Connect, DOORS, or a similar requirements management tool.
- Interfaces with functional engineering, customers, subcontractors, and partners to develop technical solutions.
- Coordinates engineering activities across multi-disciplinary teams and monitors progress.
- Performs trade studies, modeling and simulation, engineering analysis, and technology assessments.
- Performs risk management to identify, analyze, and mitigate technical and programmatic risks.
- Writes technical reports and communicates results through technical presentations to engineering staff, management and customers.
- Serves at the technical point of contact for vendors and suppliers.
- May represent the Company as the prime technical contact to customers and/or government regulatory agencies.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; six or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more years of experience with a masters degree, or two or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate avionics system engineering activities to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Understands avionics systems engineering principles for use case analysis, architecture modeling, requirements generation, system design to meet those requirements, and verification to demonstrate compliance.
- Strong communication, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to effectively interface with other departments, customers and/or professionals.
- Able to work extended hours as required.