Engineer – Mechanical Component
Engineer - Mechanical Component
Do you enjoy creating engineering products?
Do you enjoy solving complex design challenges?
Join our Design Engineering team!
Bringing the most cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together, creating oilfield equipment is the beating heart of our work. Devising smarter systems that control and monitor oil and gas extraction, our subsea and surface-pressure capabilities are industry-leading and commercially-innovative.
Partner with the best
The Engineer-Mechanical Component is responsible for undertaking mechanical engineering activities related to Surface Pressure Control (SPC) products and technology.
As Engineer-Mechanical Component, you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking engineering activities based on customer requirements and developing them into design, detailed drawings, design verification packages.
- Reviewing the design and then converting them into manufacturing specifications and operating specifications.
- Executing Engineering Activities per agreed schedule and timelines.
- Exceeding expectations on Engineering Quality.
- Working seamlessly with other design engineers and vendors on work scope assigned.
- Complying with regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring health safety and environmental risk control are paramount.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a graduate in Mechanical Engineering
- 0-1 Year of Overall Design Engineering expertise.
- Have strong in engineering basics, Strength of materials and Material science.
- Have strong understanding of 3D solid modelling and drafting. Preferred knowledge on Creo /Teamcenter added benefit.
- Have basic understanding of ASME Y 14.5 GDNT (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance) and Drafting standards.
- Have experience in Creating engineering drawings using 3D/2D modeling software using Pro Engineer, Solid works, Unigraphics
- Have Strong oral and written communication skills, Strong interpersonal and Strong technical aptitude. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
Starting early / finishing early
Starting late / finishing late
Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits