Engineer- Supply Chain (Perovskite Photovoltaics)
First Solar, Inc.
Santa Clara, CA
First Solar reserves the right to offer you a role most applicable to your experience and skillset.
Basic Job Functions:
- Develop the supply chain (precursor materials, solvents, packaging materials, and equipment) for cost-competitive high-volume production of halide-perovskite solar panels
- Develop strong business relationships and strategic alliances supporting First Solar’s growth plan
- Closely collaborate with First Solar’s perovskite development groups in Santa Clara, California, Perrysburg, Ohio, and Uppsala, Sweden
- Closely align goals with First Solar’s global supply chain organization
- Master’s (M.S.) degree in a science or engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of industrial experience, at least partially involving supply-chain activities
- Experience with perovskite PV, organic PV, organic LEDs, thin-film equipment, vacuum-deposition technologies a plus
- Solid knowledge in general analytical inorganic and organic chemistry
- A passion to get to the ground of things, not be satisfied with superficial answers and solutions
- A passion to constantly learn new things, both from literature and by interacting with subject-matter experts
- Ability to build strong and trusting relationships, internal and external
- Knowledge of optoelectronic device physics a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Fluent English speaker (written and oral)
- Fluent Mandarin speaker (written and oral)
- Act as global supply management leader for perovskite products
- Collaborate closely with First Solar’s and partnering teams to understand all supply-chain needs for a future launch of a perovskite product
- Develop a deep understanding of all aspects of the design and function of the perovskite device stack, with particular focus on the role of impurities
- Lead the planning of supply-chain relevant experiments with First Solar’s cell and module development teams in Santa Clara, California, Perrysburg, Ohio, and Uppsala, Sweden
- Develop and implement a global sourcing plan to achieve cost, supply assurance and risk mitigation objectives
- Lead commercial negotiations with managed supply partners
- Complies with Company's Environmental, Quality, Safety or any other policies that have been enforced.
- Assist First Solar’s U.S.-based equipment teams with global tool specification and acquisition
- Stay current on latest academic literature regarding perovskite photovoltaics, with a focus on materials and material purity
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description subject to change at any time.
- Reports to Development Head
- At least 50% travel to China, Asia, Europe, US, other regions
Estimated Salary Range:
- $91,625/per year- $125,000/per year
US Physical Requirements:
- Will sit, stand, or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift.
- Will climb stairs on an occasional basis.
- Will lift, push, or pull up to 27 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis.
- 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required.
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis.
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to, steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards)
- All associates working on the production floor may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair)
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check band any other tests that may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.ID:uDnQdo