engineering construction manager
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
- Overseeing facilities construction projects from conception to completion
- Reviewing all projects in detail to determine necessary support to ensure commissioning activity is successful and building turnover to owner is a seamless process
- Monitor all onsite construction to ensure compliance with building and safety regulations
- Serve as liaison to client throughout construction activities and provide regular communication to client and management on landmarks achieved and schedule impacts
- Develop engineering oversight, and training program.
We are looking for a reliable Engineering Construction Manager to support client growth and associated construction projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will be responsible for organization, planning, implementation, process capture (MOP’s) and scheduling support of the projects. In addition, you will review sites pre-lease and make recommendations on viability or occupancy costs from an engineering perspective. Strategically develop an engineering platform to provide guidance and structure to our engineering team on a regional basis.
- Review the project in detail to schedule deliverables and estimate operational costs
- Oversee national portfolio of engineers and associated process and procedures.
- Ensure engineering line of service is supporting all facilities and projects to meet or exceed SLA standards.
- Comply with all JLL Operational Compliance Standards (OCP).
- Assist with developing scopes of work for projects and Vendor RFPs as required
- Review project plans and establish PM procedures along with necessary staffing support
- Communicate with Project Management Team and General Contractors on progress
- In preparation for building occupancy, determine tools, materials, and equipment necessary to support all Facilities related activity for PM and Building Operation
- Attend construction meetings as required and report back to management all updates
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan to prevent problems, resolve any emerging ones, and notify management of risks that may be associated with projects or procedures
- Coordinate with GC all Training, Commissioning, Start-up, and Integrated Systems Testing
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Review submittals and drawings and provide feedback as deemed useful
- Assist with development and implementation of engineers training programs.
- Report any unsafe working conditions.
- Review and outline warranty obligations by equipment manufacturers and installation
- Adhere to SLA and KPI standards
- Provide oversight for portfolio engineering team to provide standardized reporting and delivery of engineering services procedure.
- Analytical Skills: Must be good at planning for large-scale, multi-step projects.
- Management Skills: duties may require coordination of team support and people/time management
- Communication: Good writing and speaking skills are needed when communicating with project managers, writing proposals, subcontractors, procuring materials and dealing with clients.
- Technical Skills: Must know construction methodologies, read blueprints, and understand other technical aspects of construction.
- Time-Management: Deadlines are crucial in construction. Making sure that everything is on time and moving smoothly is a critical part of the job.
- Proven working experience in construction management
- knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Communicate regularly with IFM Leadership and attend scheduled staff meetings/calls.
- Review and analyze system data and develop recommendations with Campus Operations Manager on any maintenance changes, upgrades, replacements, etc.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
- Lead, manage, develop, and supervise a professional friendly, creative, energetic, and detail-oriented team in the delivery of efficient building operations.
- Provide excellent onboarding, training, and team building.
- Actively support an environment of teamwork, co-operation, performance excellence and personal success.
- Participate in the individual performance management program and personal development planning for members of the team
- Align with facilities leadership team as a manager and act in a manager capacity.
- Act as an ambassador for JLL, adopting and maintaining the firm’s core values of Teamwork, Ethics and Excellence
- 5+ years of Facility/Construction Management experience
- Experience in ground up construction is helpful
- Knowledge of all building systems, including (but not limited to) MEP, Structural, Controls, Fire Alarm, Vibration Isolation, Critical Infrastructure, SPCC and others.
Location:–Huntsville, AL, Reston, VA
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 102,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people, and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation, and succeed together.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.