Iowa Mold Tooling Co., Inc.
Jefferson City, TN
About JLG, an Oshkosh company
JLG began in 1969, when our founder, John L. Grove set out to resolve growing safety concerns in the construction industry. Since then we have been committed to understanding the challenges and delivering innovative solutions to the access market. We partner with customers to provide quality equipment, training opportunities and trusted support within the access industry. We are a global company, and our products—including mobile elevating work platforms, telehandlers, utility vehicles and accessories—can be found all over the world.
Assist a variety of engineers (design, production, manufacturing, industrial, test, etc.) with multiple tasks involving the mechanical engineering functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepare vehicle component layouts using CAD software
2. Select parts or components for quality conscious design, i.e., weight, cost, reliability, and ease of manufacturing.
3. Follow project on the assembly floor for prototype, pilot, or production build and provide technical assistance.
4. Generate engineering calculations of weight distribution, stress analysis, performance estimations, etc.
5. Consult with suppliers, customers, and internal departments to find solutions to problems.
6. Perform or assist in the testing of complete vehicles or vehicle components.
7. Create and manage ECN’s (Engineering Change Notices) using the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) system.
8. Design, model and test new mechanical systems that integrate with a vehicle.
9. Update bill of materials in the PDM (Product Data Management) system to reflect product changes.
10. All other duties or projects as assigned.
- Student working towards a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering field.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in extracurricular activities outside academic requirements.
- Previous internship experience or work-related experience.
- Experience using CATIA, Pro-E or a similar CAD system is a plus.
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or email@example.com.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.ID:uDnQdo