Engineering Lab Technician
If you are a technical professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Sidney, OH location, you will work in conjunction with product and research engineers to design, develop, and qualify compressors for HVACR systems. To maintain our role as a global leader of compression solutions we continually seek talented and ambitious technicians to work in our engineering laboratories. Across the multiple engineering labs, we employe talented individuals across a range of skillsets working toward innovation of our products. We are seeking a laboratory technician to contribute to our growth and continued innovation. Our technicians work a regular schedule in our state-of-the-art climate-controlled facility, with no on-call hours. Come join our team!
We are currently seeking to fill positions on every shift.
- New hires Eligible for a $5000 sign on bonus.
- Positions available for entry level, mid-level and senior level individuals
- Shift differential available.
- Work environment in state-of-the-art temperature-controlled lab space.
- Regular schedule with no on-call hours
- Opportunities for growth, development, and promotion available.
- Overtime is available for these positions but is completely voluntary.
- Tuition assistance available for employees who choose to pursue additional education.
- Benefits eligible first of the month following start of employment.
- Relocation assistance available.
Skillsets we are looking for:
Our Engineering labs are comprised of multiple individual lab spaces, each of which have a different focus and skillset they are looking for in their technicians. While our primary focus is on individuals with HVACR knowledge, we also employ individuals from a range of other skillsets as well. Examples of some of the skillsets we recruit from include:
- HVAC Technicians (both Commercial and Residential)
- Automotive Technicians (experience with teardown, build, and troubleshooting)
- Robotics Technicians (PLC's, Controls, systems)
- Welders (TIG welding)
- Electronics Technicians (Wiring, Systems, Troubleshooting)
- Instrumentation, Controls, and Calibration Technicians (Metrology, Sound and Vibration, Pressure, Temperature, Electrical, PLC Automation)
AS AN ENGINEERING LAB TECHNICIAN, YOU WILL:
- Follow engineering laboratory test instructions to provide data and feedback on performance and quality.
- Set up and install compressors and support compressor electronics for test purposes.
- Operate laboratory test equipment.
- Fabricate supporting test fixtures and controls required for non-standard tests.
- Review test data for compliance with applicable test data standards.
- Perform various tasks related to the upkeep of the lab.
- You will be responsible to complete required tests and communicating test results with engineers. You will provide input on optimizing work processes to improve the overall efficiency of the lab.
- Use technical expertise to assess new technologies and provide technical insights to engineering and lab management to enhance testing methods and processes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
(Note these requirements are descriptive of the minimum for our entry level roles we also employ individuals at a more senior level based on their education and years of experience)
- Individuals with any of the following may be considered:
- Trade school certification in a relevant technical field
- Associates degrees in a relevant technical field.
- High school diploma plus two to three (2-3) years of relevant experience.
- Must have basic mechanical, HVAC, electrical/electronic, instrumentation, calibration or systems knowledge (or any combination of the listed skills)
- Must have troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Legal Authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave are available. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning-related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial, and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location.