Engineering Project Manager
If you are an engineering professional or a technical minded project manager looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Shakopee MN location, you will provide leadership for multiple projects which require considerable resources and high levels of cross-functional integration, over the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). You will ensure that customer and company quality requirements are satisfied. You will be responsible for effectively defining the role and function of each team member, and to effectively coordinate the activities of the team to support Emerson's Analytical Instruments portfolio of products.
AS AN ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER YOU WILL:
- Use new product development (NPD) process to define, communicate, and execute project work.
- By direct action or delegation, document detailed project requirements, constraints, and assumptions.
- Communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan.
- Lead and develop project team. Ensure team performance
- Provide guidance on project activities, risk identification and mitigation, and project leadership
WHO YOU ARE:
You communicate effectively to your global project team and stakeholders. You relate comfortably with people across levels, functions, cultures, and geography. You help the team develop plans and ensure that the work gets done. You chart a path and move forward in complex and ambiguous situations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Qualified candidates must possess a BS in Engineering or Science.
- A minimum of 6 years applicable experience required.
- Experience with new product development, with a demonstrated track record of repeated success in product delivery and market success.
- Good communication skills and ability to influence and lead a team is critical
- New product development process experience
- Understanding and experience with Risk Management in context of project management
- This position may require both international and domestic travel. Historically, this position has <10% travel
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- An ABET accredited engineering degree
- Experience leading engineering project teams that developed new products
- Engineering experience designing new products
- Knowledge and use of NPD phase gate process
- Experience working with international teams
- Excellent facilitation and persuasion skills
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience using Agile (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.)