Engineering Support Technician
Essex Industries, Inc.
St. Louis, MO
Who We Are:
We have operations in Saint Louis, Missouri, Huntington Beach, California, and Milford, Connecticut, serving local, national and international customers, both military and commercial. The company supplies platform controls, aircraft components, liquid oxygen equipment, and emergency breathing equipment to its customers.
Assist Sustaining and Manufacturing Engineering teams to identify and resolve ongoing issues related to products and processes in support of daily production teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Receives regular direction from Engineering Managers and Engineers.
- Pro-actively work to identify and address possible Configuration Management issues.
- Work with Engineering, Operations, and Quality to identify and resolve production problems.
- Work with Engineering, Operations, and Quality to identify process improvements.
- Utilize SolidWorks and PDM to prepare and change drawings for review.
- Utilize ERP system to create/edit Part Numbers and Bills of Material.
- Utilize Microsoft Word to prepare technical documentation for review.
- Utilize Spiceworks to categorize, resolve, and update Engineering tickets.
- Perform engineering testing, compile data, and present for review.
- Identify and recommend continuous improvement projects to Continuous Improvement team.
- Recommend improvement projects based on current manufacturing methods and needs.
- Review data and product specifications to suggest design and/or process improvements.
- Digital and paper legacy data management.
- Comply with Essex company policies and maintain a positive work environment.
Knowledge equivalent to or working towards a Bachelor’s degree in engineering related field, mechanical or aerospace preferred, with 1-3 years of equivalent engineering experience or combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to write business correspondences and effectively present information to technical teams. Ability to respond to questions from various department stakeholders.
- Math Ability: Ability to perform engineering analysis for product performance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software, and CAD software, SolidWorks preferred. Aptitude for learning new technology or techniques is a must.
- Work Environment: Normal office environment.
- Physical Demands: Ability to work in office and laboratory environment; sit, operate computer terminal, answer phone, physical labor necessary for some activities.
Why Choose Essex?
Since 1947, Essex has been offering high quality parts and services to our customers. Our employees are what makes that happen so we do our best to take care of what matters most, by offering a competitive total rewards package for our employees. It’s our commitment to making this a great place to work.
• Base Pay
• Bonus Opportunity
• Paid time off
• 10 company holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Training & Development
• Retirement Benefits – 401k
• Tax-Advantaged Accounts
• Medical, dental, vision coverage
The Guller Foundation, the charitable arm of Essex Industries, contributes to various local organizations.ID:uDnQdo