Senior Engineering Technician
What you will do
Under minimal supervision, responsible for the continuous improvement of plant processes and equipment including design and PLC program changes, mechanical and electrical documentation, Six Sigma variation reduction, uptime improvements, and maintenance expense reduction.
How you will do it
· Efficiently uses problem solving techniques including Pareto analysis, cause and effect analysis, multi-variable analysis, FMEA's and DOE's to reach solutions.
· Initiates and leads plant teams in the development of process improvements.
· Able to source vendors, define SOW’s, manage contract deliverables when outside sources for engineering are used.
· Provides technical support for plant operations including maintenance support, capital project implementation, and Six Sigma project rollout support.
· Acts as liaison between plant and Division Engineering personnel in communicating engineering needs process changes, project reporting, etc.
· Monitors process, including new equipment and tools, to ensure performance to specifications. Implements capital and non-capital projects.
· Works with plant quality control and manufacturing personnel to ensure process and equipment is capable of producing product that meets quality and engineering standards.
· Reviews new and modified specifications for proper content and schedules their introduction into the manufacturing system.
· Identifies causes and develops strategies for eliminating re-occurring downtime.
· Assists with assuring tools, equipment, and processes comply with OSHA and EPA standards
· Other duties as required
What we look for
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing preferred.)Or Combination of lower degree with work experience 5-10 years.
· Understanding of Project/Program Management Methodologies.
· Must possess good communication skills with the ability to communicate across multifunctional teams through all forms of media.
· Working knowledge of PLC programming and ladder logic required.
· Experience in Robotics programming, troubleshooting, and diagnostics preferred. (Fanuc / Denso preferred)
· Proficient in AutoCAD, Solidworks, Excel, Power-point, and other related programs.
Clarios, is a world leader in advanced energy storage solutions. We partner with our customers to meet increasing market demand for smarter applications, on a global scale. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture and distribute a portfolio of evolving battery technologies for virtually every type of vehicle. Technologies that deliver uniquely sustainable, next-generation performance, and bring reliability, safety and comfort to everyday lives. We add value at every link in the supply chain, contributing to the progress of the communities we serve and the planet we all share. Learn more about Clarios at www.clarios.com.
Clarios, LLC is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status,
status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law (supplement), and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination.
Who we are:
Clarios is the creator behind the world’s most recognizable car battery brands. We are the car battery found in most new vehicles including leading brands such as Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture, and distribute batteries for virtually every type of vehicle. We recover, recycle, and reuse up to 99% of our battery materials, leading sustainability practices in our industry. Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Battery Group, is currently a Brookfield portfolio company. Learn more about us at www.clarios.com.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please apply. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is key to challenging the status quo. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process by emailing Special.Accommodations@Clarios.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity in our teams in terms of work experience, area of expertise, gender, ethnicity, and all other characteristics protected by laws in the countries where we operate. For more information on our commitment to sustainability, diversity, and equal opportunity, please read our latest report. We want you to know your rights because EEO is the law.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.ID:uDnQdo