Engineering Technician IV
St Inigoes, MD
Title:Engineering Technician IV
KBR is looking for a Counter-Small Unmanned Aircraft System (C-sUAS) Engineering Technician to assist with coordination and execution of new installations and perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of existing installed systems. Technician will be responsible for assisting with the testing and evaluation of systems located at Webster Field as well as fielded systems across multiple CONUS and OCONUS locations.
C-sUAS Engineering Technician performs non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity, using operational precedents, which are not fully applicable. Such assignments, which are typically parts of broader assignments, are screened to eliminate unusual design problems. This technician may also plan such assignments. This technician receives technical advice from a supervisor or engineer and the technician’s work is reviewed for technical adequacy (or conformity with instructions). This technician may be assisted by lower-level technicians and have frequent contact with professionals and others within the establishment. This technician performs at this level one (1) or a combination of such typical duties as:
- Develops or reviews designs by extracting and analyzing a variety of engineering data. Applies conventional engineering practices to develop, prepare, or recommend schematics, designs, specifications, electrical drawings, and parts lists. Examples of designs include detailed circuit diagrams; hardware fittings or test equipment involving a variety of mechanisms; conventional piping systems; and building site layouts.
- Conducts tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of a wide variety of critical test equipment and test procedures; sets up and operates equipment; records data, measures and records problems of significant complexity that sometimes require resolution at a higher level; and analyzes data and prepares test reports.
- Applies methods outlined by others to limited segments of research and development projects, constructs experimental or prototype models to meet engineering requirements; conducts tests or experiments and redesigns as necessary; and records and evaluates data and reports findings.
Understanding of and the ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot sophisticated electronic components including but not limited to Servers, Network Switched, Power Supplies, RF Antennas, and electronic enclosures.
Additionally, it will require working with C-sUAS Operators and leadership from U.S. Navy and other stakeholders to troubleshoot/identify outages and execute mitigating actions.
Education: AS degree in Engineering Technology or related field, or military technical training program, or completion of technical institute program. At least 5 years of related experience or in lieu of educational requirements at least 9 years of related experience.
Experience: At least six (6) years of practical experience in a "Relevant Technical Field" i.e., Electronic Warfare (EW), UAS operations, Shore Base EW systems, Radio Frequency (RF), Radar, and C-sUAS systems.
Education: High School diploma or GED.
Experience: At least eight (8) years of practical experience in a "Relevant Technical Field" i.e., Electronic Warfare (EW), UAS operations, Shore Base EW systems, Radio Frequency (RF), Radar, and C-sUAS systems.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with Microsoft office products.
- Ability to move, lift and carry objects weighing up to 50lbs.
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis (75%) to locations CONUS and OCONUS.
- Familiarity with Group 1, 2, and 3 Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS).
- Experience working with Navy entities such as NAVFAC, N6, BCO, Physical Security, and CNIC.
Security Clearance Requirement: Secret
When you become part of the KBR team, your career opportunities are endless. Our people are the heart of everything we do here at KBR. We Value our People!
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability, and our Zero Harm culture. These ideals form all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to, and ongoing journey toward, being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of team’s philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer. We Deliver — Together.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.ID:uDnQdo