Enrollment Strategist (Associate Director)
New York City, NY
Global Product Development is responsible for the clinical development and advancement of Pfizer’s pipeline of innovative medicines and vaccines. These breakthroughs would not be possible without the thousands investigator sites and volunteers who participate in our clinical trials each year.
We aim to lead the industry by having the most patient centric clinical trials, building on our trusted relationships with our investigator sites and significantly reducing recruitment cycle times. To meet these ambitious goals, we have redesigned the Enrollment Strategist role responsible for setting the study level participant enrollment strategy to help enable the predictable delivery of Pfizer’s portfolio.
We are seeking seasoned, strategic, and passionate colleagues with a proven track record of building broad and specific differentiated enrollment strategies and tactics at study, Country, and site levels. This is a unique opportunity for a marketing, field medical, patient recruitment and clinical operations colleague who is excited about being a part of a transformational recruitment model that sets the new standard within the industry.
- Evaluate clinical protocols, participant insights, and protocol simulations to meticulously define the participant and treatment journey and relevant insights
- Build and prioritize robust end to end enrollment and retention strategies designed to address pivotal participant moments for specific clinical trials with a focus on speed, quality and experience
- Ensures every enrollment strategy is aligned to Country and Site Segmentations, penetrates beyond the investigator practice and into their institution and community and that sites have the support and solutions needed for their own enrollment strategies.
- Fully incorporates into all strategies unique approaches to engage diverse and underrepresented populations, and new innovative solutions to deliver 100% of the participants needed for a clinical trial.
- Works closely across the team space to ensure the right content, the right channel, and the right timing of tactics delivering the approved strategies are performing optimally.
- Work with recruitment suppliers to understand capabilities and owns budget to support enrollment strategies
- Coordinate technology requirements/deployments with IT colleagues and external suppliers
- Promotes a continuous improvement culture to streamline appropriate processes for maximum efficiency and productivity
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelors degree in business or science.
- Candidate should have 7+ years of Pharmaceutical research experience with at least 5 years of experience specifically in patient recruitment or marketing related areas at provider, CRO or sponsor company. Ideally, a mix of the three.
- Knowledge of patient recruitment strategies & tactics including, but not limited to: Direct to patient outreach, digital/mobile and traditional, Site Management Organizations, advocacy groups, patient networks, & on-site support
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in relating to colleagues and associates both inside and outside the organization
- Well-developed planning, observation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Responsible for communicating problems/issues along with action plans or alternatives for resolution
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including ability to persuade, negotiate, and moderate conflict
- Experience in the creation, tracking, and reporting of metrics and key performance indicators
- Experience in collaborating with legal and privacy officers to ensure processes and systems are compliant.
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
#LI-PFEThe annual base salary for this position ranges from $106,300.00 to $177,100.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 15.0% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Salary range does not apply to the Tampa, FL location.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.