Entry Level Environmental Scientist
LFG Specialties, LLC
At APTIM, we come to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. Our work spans from safeguarding and maintaining critical infrastructure to helping communities recover from natural disasters, from empowering our armed forces and first responders to reducing carbon and energy use, and from making cities more resilient against the threats of climate change to restoring contaminated ecological systems.
APTIM Environmental & Infrastructure, LLC is seeking an entry-level Environmental Scientist on a full-time basis in one of our offices (Pittsburgh, PA or Lenexa, KS) to participate in our hazardous waste program and potentially other environmental disciplines for multiple clients. The successful candidate will assist with hazardous waste report and notification preparation and support other project tasks and may support due diligence and other field audit related work. This position will primarily be in an office environment but may also require travel to client facilities to conduct environmental compliance reviews and/or gather related data.
What you can expect from APTIM:
- Work that is worthy of your time and talent
- Respect and flexibility to live a full life at work and at home
- Dogged determination to deliver for our clients and communities
- A voice in making our company better
- Investment into your personal and professional development
- Executing various work scopes, while meeting project schedules and budgets
- Work independently and as part of a project team and be able to adjust to changing conditions
- Work as a team member to assist in preparation of reports and permit applications
- Time management to ensure a quality product is prepared to meet project deadlines
- Applies knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard situations
- Bachelor's degree in a core science (such as geology, chemistry, physics, or biology), engineering, environmental science, or related area required.
- Related work experience up to 2 years.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills desired, such as proficiency in Microsoft applications such as MS Excel, MS Word, SharePoint Online, etc. and the ability to learn other software applications.
- Willing to work in the field and travel to complete work.
Who we are and what we do:
APTIM is a global industry leader headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. With more than 4,000 employees worldwide, APTIM specializes in critical infrastructure, technical and data solutions, program management, environmental services, resilience, as well as sustainability and energy solutions. Our dedicated people have the proven experience and expertise to provide integrated services and solutions to government agencies, commercial, industrial, and energy customers. APTIM is committed to accelerating the transition toward a clean and efficient energy economy, building a sustainable future for our communities and the natural world, and creating an inclusive equitable environment that celebrates the diversity of our people.
Watch our video: