Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist – AIS Program – Crestview, FL
Reports to the Site Director. Interprets, recommends, and complies with environmental, health, and safety regulations and/or company policies. Assists in planning for changes in physical facilities to meet new environmental requirements. Coordinates with Procurement finding, evaluating and preparing contracts for properly licensed hazardous waste disposal firms and monitors waste handling. Organizes and equips safety council representatives and the spill-control teams. Writes and updates safety, environmental and spill-control manuals, and procedures. Prepares environmental impact statements and applies for all new permits and renewals. Provides input to federal and state regulators through trade associations and industry groups for the writing and revision of regulations.
Administers Air Emissions, Water Discharge management to include waste and stormwater, and solid waste disposal processes. Identifies hazardous workplace conditions and takes steps to remove hazards and/or protect employees by guarding, recommending revisions to work procedures, and training or requiring the use of protective clothing and personal protective equipment. Ensures workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state occupational safety and health standard provisions ensuring that all required records are prepared and maintained. Participates in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) evaluations and inspections. Investigates and prepare reports on injuries.
- Responsible for implementation and administration of the Environmental Health and Safety Program by all company federal, state, and air station directives, regulations, and laws.
- Develop and monitor safety, and hazardous waste management programs to comply with federal, state, and military. Develop programs to comply with the above requirements in the absence of pre-existing programs.
- Act as liaison with representatives of Corporate Safety, Fire Department, OSHA, and other government organizations.
- Represents company during EH&S inspections and audits
- Monitor safety trends and construction projects on company-occupied facilities to recognize problems or hazard areas.
- Conduct work site surveys and daily facility inspections to ensure facility and procedural compliance with applicable regulations.
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of all required records and reports applicable to safety and hazardous waste programs.
- Coordinate the use and care of personal protective equipment, etc. Ensure adequate quantities of PPE are available.
- Monitor investigations of all incidents/accidents and recommended corrective actions.
- Investigate safety-related concerns and complaints reported by the employee
- Determine medical surveillance requirements for workers exposed to specific hazards by OSHA and Government/ Company requirements. Coordinate and tracks physical exams, hearing evaluations, audiometric testing, and reporting requirements under the Hearing Conservation Program.
- Act as company representative at customer safety meetings.
- Inspecting for conditions to support operations.
- Manage and oversee prescription eyewear and safety shoe program, develop and provide relevant resources to the workforce.
- Monitor long-term injury cases, including medical management requiring interface multiple medical treatment facilities, case managers, insurance claims adjusters, and legal.
- Monitor the Workers Compensation Program, manage and interact with key internal and external stakeholders.
- And other duties related to EH&S.
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial and/or Environmental, Health, and Safety Engineering or related fields, or certification or an equivalent amount of experience is required.
- Track record of technical understanding of industrial hygiene and ergonomics.
- Working knowledge of workers' compensation.
- Understanding of risk management principles.
- Experience with environmental, health, and safety data software or database
- Must possess and maintain working knowledge of complex and technical regulations, including Hazardous Waste Management Plan, OSHA, Hazardous Material Transportation Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, and another applicable base, state, and federal regulations
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint to generate, compile, analyze, and evaluate facts and data using statistical and research methodologies Must be willing and able to work directly with hazardous materials
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime, weekends, and flexible hours as required
- Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instruction
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information and Company Proprietary data
V2X is committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment in which we recognize and value each other’s differences as well as fostering a culture that promotes its core values: Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran