Environmental Coordinator II
Texas City, TX
The Environmental Coordinator/Monitor (ECM) will work under the supervision of the site manager with the guidance of the area environmental coordinator, to maintain environmental compliance of the site. This includes, but is not limited to, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) and Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) implementation; threatened and endangered species awareness, air permitting awareness, site specific recycling and waste disposal and sustainability initiatives.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The ECM will be dedicated to the control of all the environmental related aspects required by local regulation and authorization during the construction phase of the solar project. Typical responsibilities include:
• Oversight of the project environmental management system.
• Compile all information indicated as the Contractor responsibility in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) Compliance Matrix
• Maintain site SWPPP compliance including maintenance, inspection, reporting, and mapping of all installed Best Management Practices (BMPs)
• Conduct frequent inspections and provide a weekly report documenting compliance to the Project Environmental Requirements, assessing identified weaknesses, and providing corrective action recommendations.
• SPCC compliance including investigating and reporting spills.
• Additional tasks and trainings as assigned by the Area Environmental Coordinator/Environmental Lead or the Site Manager
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental science/Engineering or related degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• 2+ years progressive environmental experience.
• Valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record (MVR).
• Prior stormwater experience and stormwater training such as California Qualified Stormwater Practitioner (QSP), Certified Inspector of Sediment & Erosion Control (CISEC), Qualified Compliance Inspector of Stormwater
• Ability to obtain appliable Environmental Certifications within 60 days of employment.
• Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) 40-hour or ability to obtain.
• Licensed Drone Pilot preferred, but not required.
• Must re-locate to the project site for the duration of each construction project they are assigned to.
• Interpersonal skills – Ability to present information to a small group of employees or sub-contractors.
• Effective communication skills (oral, written, listening, presentation) to effectively work with subcontractors and employees.
• Computer literacy. This does not include knowledge of all software to be used, but the ability to learn to use
efficiently the software which is in use. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio).
• Organization skills. Scheduling, planning and prioritization.
• Basic general construction knowledge of terminology, crafts, and documents.
• Ability to follow safety rules without cutting corners. To understand the intent of safety rules, not blindly adhering to the literal words of the rule.
Benefits and Pay:
• Paid Company Holidays
• Paid Time Off
• We provide paid sick leave as required by Colorado’s Healthy Families and Workplaces Act.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA, Short Term/Long Term Disability, 401K with matching contribution.
• Salary $78,000- $96,000 annually, dependent on experience, qualifications, and competencies