Environmental Health Safety Manager
Motus Integrated Technologies
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY Manager
Reports to: Plant Manager
Work Location: Maplewood Facility – Holland, MI
Be apart of a synergistic culture that is actively pursuing excellence, continuous improvement, innovation and growth. Our Maplewood facility in Holland, MI is hiring a problem solver, a change agent who is excited about safety and making our facility world class. The EHS Manager will be responsible for creating a behavioral base safety environment and ensuring our facility becomes LEED certified. Maintaining all Health, Safety and Environmental plant and regulatory requirements and ensuring we are compliant with Federal, Provincial and local health and safety regulations.
- Manages federal state and local Plant OSHA compliance regulations and worker’s compensation
- Develops and coordinates training for general safety, accident investigation, emergency response, environmental regulations and reporting
- Schedules, monitors and recommends action based on pre-employment, return-to-work and periodic physical examinations
- Assist with first aid treatment of on-the-job illness or injury. See that properly trained persons are available to render first aid on other shifts. Maintain first aid treatment records and reports. Work with Medical Providers and Insurance Carrier on case management of injuries
- Develop and maintain emergency response and accident prevention plans.
- Organize and manage emergency response team
- Maintain and report monthly statistics pertaining to the plant’s safety record and corporate requirements.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement
- Conduct and maintain Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s), Potential Ergonomics Issues List (PEIL), and Physical Demand Assessments
- Responsible for applying corrective and preventative action when discrepancies are detected. Conduct 8-D root cause analysis related to safety and environmental incidents
- Responsible for all Environmental regulatory audits, inspections and reporting. Storm Water Operator required to include SPCC, PIPP, SWPPP contingency plans
- Maintain ISO 14001:2015 Certification
- Facilitate building insurance visits and recommendations
- Lead and mentor safety activities, participate in global Safety Best Practice meetings
- Process all employee workers’ compensation claims. Coordinate and assist in representing the company at hearings
- Maintains liaison with Company retained physician, schedules physical examinations, and coordinates medical reports for alleged work-related illnesses or injuries.
- Maintains contact with all employees absent from work with job related conditions.
- Identifies and offers favored work as appropriate so that workers’ compensation disabilities do not extend further than is necessary.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health Management, or a related field.
· 5+ years’ experience in managing regulatory compliance in OSHA and environmental regulations preferably in automotive
· Compliance reporting experience – state, epa etc.
· CSM or COSM certification
· Occupational health and safety experience
· Analysis Skills – Identifies significant problems & opportunities. Analyzes problems and people in depth. Sorts the wheat from the chaff, determining root causes.
· Judgement / Decision Making - Consistent logic, rationality & objectivity in decision making. Neither indecisive nor hip shooter
· Pragmatism - Generates sensible, realistic, practical solutions to problems
· Resourcefulness/Initiative - Passionately finds ways over, around or through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond call of duty. Shows bias for action. A results-oriented "doer."
· Excellence - Sets high stretch standards of performance for self and others. Low tolerance for mediocrity. High sense of responsibility
· Listening - Tunes in accurately to opinions, feelings, and needs of people. Empathetic. Patient. Let’s others speak. Listens actively
· Team Player - Reaches out to peers. Overcomes we-they. Approachable. Leads peers to do what is best for company
· Assertiveness – Takes forceful stand on issues without being excessively abrasive
· Energy / Drive - Exhibits energy, strong desire to achieve, high dedication level. 60 hours or more per week probably necessary for results expected
· Enthusiasm / Passion – Exhibits dynamism, excitement, and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
· Ambition – Desires to grow in responsibility and authority
Behavioral Competencies – Common to all Motus Positions
· Integrity – Iron clad. Does not ethically cut corners. Earns trust of co-workers. Puts organization above self-interests
· Energy/Drive – Exhibits high level of energy and ability to energize others. Strong desire to achieve, high dedication level. Gets Results. Recognizes excellence in the efforts and work of others. Enjoys seeing others succeed. Ability to energize and motivate others. Has a positive ‘can do’ attitude
· Customer Focus – Monitors internal and external client satisfaction. Establishes partner relationships with clients. Visible and accessible to clients. Focuses on partnerships with customers, suppliers and communities
· Change Leader - Embraces change. Communicates needs during periods of change. Actively intervenes to create & energize positive change. Leads by example
· Assertive/Edge – Ability to take a forceful stand on issues without being excessively abrasive. Able to challenge tactfully
· Execution – Likes to be challenged and can work through tough tasks and execute on stretch goals to move the organization forward
· Teamwork: Supports environment that encourages teamwork, cooperation and collaboration
· Interpersonal Communication: Is respectful when interacting with others. Shares information freely in all direction
· Problem-solving/Decision-making: Works cooperatively within teams to solve problems. Works cooperatively across teams to solve problems
· Personal Development: Continually learning and growing. Seeks out and uses personal feedback
· Innovator: Takes initiative. Encourages risk-taking in pursuit of continuous improvement
· Flexible - Embraces change. Communicates needs during periods of change
Motus Integrated Technologies is a rapidly growing, $400 million manufacturer of high-performance headliners and interior products for the global automotive market. Headquartered in Holland Michigan, Motus operates state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in North America (U.S. and Mexico), Europe, and Asia with over 20 entities worldwide. Motus is a portfolio company of Atlas Holdings, an industrial holding company headquartered in Greenwich, CT.
Motus Integrated Technologies offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, Rx, life insurance, disability coverage, 401K and Company match, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement eligibility, etc.)
Motus is an Equal Opportunity Employer