Environmental Project Manager/Scientist
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Environmental Project Manager/Scientist to join our team! In this role you will get to lead and/or support environmental site assessment, soil management and remediation project for a wide range of private and public sector clients
What You'll Be Doing:
The primary responsibilities for this position will include consulting, project management, coordinating investigations and investigations, and preparing reports for industrial and public sector clients. Specific job description includes but is not limited to the following:
- Project management duties primarily focused on:
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments to CSA and O.Reg.153/04 requirements;
- Risk assessment;
- Remedial design and site remediation; including excavations, ISCO, bioremediation, permeable and impermeable barriers, and mechanical technologies (air sparge, pump and treat, dual phase extraction, etc).
- Designated and Hazardous Substances Surveys
- Routine Soil and groundwater monitoring,
- Excess Soil and Waste Management.
- Peer review of technical documents and reports;
- Proposal preparation;
- Tracking and maintaining budgets and project finances;
- Preparing Reports;
- Maintain client relationships in various industries;
- Working with clients, junior staff, and other project managers.
As we diversify our portfolio of environmental projects, other projects may include:
- Environmental management plans
- Environmental permitting and monitoring related to construction
- Hydrogeology Assessments: modeling and field investigations
- Ecological surveying
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Typically 5+ years of working experience in site remediation and environmental assessments, including at least 2 years completing field work, and project management experience in:
- Drilling boreholes and monitoring wells in support of Phase II ESAs
- Soil classification and sampling from drill rigs and testpits
- Phase I ESA
- Designated Substances sampling including asbestos, lead and mold.
- Remediation Design and Contract Administration of remdiation
- Excess Soil Management
- Bachelor's/University degree in a related field of study such as Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Hydrogeology or Geology;
- Technical experience with environmental site assessment, remediation design, combined with a mechanical aptitude;
- Execution of projects with Health and Safety as the top priority;
- Knowledge of risk assessment risk management theory and application;
- Extensive working knowledge with Ontario Regulation 153/04, as amended (including filing of Record of Site Condition) and Ontario Regulation 406/19 (Excess Soils Regulation);
- Expertise in managing a team, budget management, report preparation, and client relationship management;
- Strong organizational and time management skills; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as advanced technical writing abilities.
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
- P.Eng. or P.Geo. license in Ontario (or equivalent designation from another Province or the US) or eligible to obtain a license within two years of employment with Parsons;
- Technical experience in adjacent engineering disciplines such as (hydrology, hydrogeology, air quality modeling, vapour intrusion, environmental management systems, health and safety/industrial hygiene, natural sciences).
- Experience mentoring and managing staff.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as health, vision, dental, employer paid provincial care premiums, Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP), Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, all province observed holidays off, and gym membership discounts to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!