BUILD YOUR FUTURE WHILE YOU HELP BUILD A BETTER WORLD!
Tremco Roofing and Building Maintenance and Weatherproofing Technologies Inc (WTI) are one of North America’s largest roofing manufacturers and maintenance service provider. We are obsessed with making good roofs, and good buildings, better. Restoring instead of replacing wherever we can is the right thing for our customers and our planet, and it’s a big part of what makes Tremco and WTI so unique.
If you’re looking for a place to build a career, with great benefits, advancement opportunity, technology, people and a commitment to a sustainable future, you’ve found it with us.
Tremco is currently searching for an Environmental Specialist.
The Environmental Specialist identifies, assesses, and resolves problems concerning the environment for multiple facilities. Ensures compliance with all environmental regulations and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization. Serves as contact with all regulatory bodies. Implements and maintains company policies adhering to environmental regulations.
- Completes EHS audits of Manufacturing, Distribution Centers, R&D Labs, and Offices and develop, track, and provide guidance for corrective actions.
- Authors reports for OSHA, EPA and local regulatory agencies related to EHS issues as well as required annual reporting as required for environmental permits (water, air, and hazardous waste).
- Oversees reporting programs and software to record and track environmental data & ensure that all data is being captured accurately.
- Participate in EHS reviews for equipment/ process changes.
- Conducts/facilitates required testing associated with air, water, & hazardous waste permits
- Maintains a visible presence on the shop floor; makes themselves available for Environmental and Safety related inquiries and suggestions.
- Contributes to ISO 14001 program/ activities.
- Ensures facility(s) waste streams are properly managed, stored and disposed.
- Participates in the development and delivery of EHS training.
- Complies with legal duties and Tremco safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of EHS regulations
- Proficient with MS-Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- SAP software experience is a plus
- 1-3 years of experience (will consider coops & internship experience) in an applicable or related industry or manufacturing setting.
The salary range for applicants in this position generally ranges between $60,000 and $70,000. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operations, needs, and other considerations permitted by law.
Tremco offers a variety of benefits to its employees, including not limited to: health insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, 401(k) with company match, Company Pension Plan, Performance Based Commission, and continuing education.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.