Epi Reactor Process Engineer
At Wolfspeed, we do amazing things in a human way.
We know that the achievements of our organization are due to the passion, hard work and creativity of our employees. We celebrate different perspectives to foster excellence across our organization, and our goal is to make diversity a foundation of what we do. We are proudly building an environment where you can bring your authentic self to work.
- Enjoy doing things that people say can’t be done? Innovation is at the center of everything we do.
- Hate red tape? We remove roadblocks instead of creating them.
- Working parent? We provide childcare assistance and paid parental leave.
- Student? We offer continuing education assistance.
- Looking for community? There are many ways to get involved, from Employee Resource Groups to local outreach.
Here’s the Gist:
Wolfspeed is looking for a resourceful, hands-on, problem solving Process Sustaining Engineer with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical challenges. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, deadline-oriented atmosphere and be capable and willing to work in a team of scientists, engineers and technicians. The primary responsibility of this role is to be a SiC epitaxy process and reactor owner for power products.
*This position is expected to work 2nd shift + 1 weekend day (no more than 5 days per work week)
- 24x7 epitaxial reactor & process ownership
- Set-up, scheduling, and evaluation of production runs
- Data driven process decision making based on timely and thorough data analysis
- Process improvement through designed experimentation
- Yield improvement through identification and elimination of yield limiters
- Mentoring, coaching, and training of process technicians
This Job is Right for You if You Have:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or Chemical Engineering
- Willingness to work supporting 24x7 manufacturing where off-hours on-call support may be required
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Must have a “Whatever it takes” attitude
- Epitaxy or thin film experience
- JMP software experience
- Experience with VB.NET programming and SQL
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
To put it legally – Wolfspeed is an equal opportunity employer.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other protected status as required by law
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.