Transit Mix Concrete Co.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Operates dozers, loaders, excavators, haul trucks or other types of large equipment used for paving or moving, grading and compacting earth, sand, gravel, stone and/or asphalt materials. Conducts routine daily inspections of equipment and maintains equipment in a clean and safe manner. Responsible for the operation of plant processing equipment at a sand and gravel or quarry production operation.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Using a computer or manual controls, effectively operates primary or secondary crushing or other plant equipment in order to meet site production needs.
- Operate equipment: Loads trucks, feeds bins wuth various aggregate materials, maintains proper quantities of material to be loaded, moves earth or material from one location to another, and performs paving/grading work.
- Safety: Performs daily inspections on equipment to ensure safe operation.
- Maintain equipment: Keeps equipment clean and orderly.
- Ensures that safety, compliance, and environmental requirements are followed at all times.
- Performs visual and safety inspection of equipment. May maintain appearance of equipment, proper air pressure in tires, proper fluid levels or perform minor repairs as needed.
- Participates in mechanical maintenance activities that may require the use of hand tools and equipment.
- Maintains and reviews maintenance logs for repairs.
- May assist with traffic control on site when required.
- Monitors plant for material spills and mechanical failure and report to site management when identified.
- May drive a company vehicle on property or to and from job site.
- Communicates with drivers and crew which includes supervisor, loader operators and laborers.
- Uses safe practices in all activities.
- Performs related work as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year related experience
- Excellent driving skills
- Some experience on plant repair is preferred
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Able to prioritize work.
- Ability to work outdoors.
- Manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, good physical fitness, a good sense of balance, and an ability to work as a member of a team.