SA Recycling, LLC
Including, but not limited to:
• Operate metal processing equipment using safe work habits
• Observe processing operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify maintenance of any malfunctions.
• Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists.
• Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
• Safely clean equipment when jams occur
• Follow all procedures e.g. LOTOTO, Fall Prevention, and Fire Prevention
• Clean up work area at the end of shift
• Keep work areas neat and orderly
• Regular attendance and punctuality are essential job functions
• Organizing materials to have more effective use of space
• Dispose of various waste materials in the appropriate manner
• Inspection to ensure cleanup is completed
• Effective housekeeping in workplace area is an ongoing operation for safety and better hygienic conditions for all team members.
• Employees in this position prior to April 2014 are presumed to be qualified and are "grandfathered" into their positions.
• Must pass a medical physical and drug test
• Must pass a background check
• Preferred – high school diploma or GED and/or foreign education acceptable
• Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) language skills a plus
• Ability to: communicate with others effectively; understand direction (written or oral) and use basic math skills as the job demands
Comply with all applicable federal, state, local, & SA Recycling safety, health, & environmental rules, regulations, policies, & procedures.
• Work Environment: Scrap metal Recycling and shredder yard
• Equipment & Tools: Shredder & other metal processing equipment, Hoists, hydraulic motors, mechanics tools
• Physical Demand Level: Light to Moderate
• Work Capacity: Shredder Operator _ Work Capacity
• Sensory Demands: Hearing, vision, touch, smell and taste
• Hand Movements: Repetitive motions, gripping