Equipment Operator Trainer PO
Empirical Foods, Inc.
Dakota City, NE
Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling the operation of equipment, people and processes required to meet production and sanitation requirements. Ensuring that equipment is performing at optimal levels and in accordance with all safety and quality assurance standards.
- Immediately communicates to plant management of any issues during production or the teardown, cleaning and rebuilding of equipment.
- Assist in teardown, cleaning and rebuilding of equipment. Responsible for efficient and timely startup of equipment required to maintain production schedules. Maintains high quality and safety standards. Set up panels and equipment properly for production.
- Detailed monitoring of equipment displays to ensure the equipment is properly operating and processing the material as required to provide a quality finished product. Immediately notifying management or correcting any problems. Uses critical thinking skills appropriate for role.
- Will maintain the integrity and follow procedures and processes put into place by ownership. Responsible for smooth shift transitions and full communication of related items to ensure production is not interrupted.
- Maintain cleanliness of plant and work areas.
- Required to accurately communicate issues and effectively work with other departments to solve problems and complete tasks.
- Assists Production Supervisors with performing and supervising of special tasks and projects. Provides assistance and direction for priorities and work scheduling on shift. Ensures tasks get done properly and timely.
- As required, provide stewardship and oversight of overall machine center upkeep and reliability.
- As required, provide leadership as backup to supervisor.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Speaking clearly and effectively, writing legibly and effectively, collect, analyze, and interpret data from a wide variety of sources and taking appropriate action.
- Basic computer knowledge and proficiency.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, have a sense of urgency and a demonstrated record of dependability.
- Compliance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- This position requires walking, standing, twisting, reaching, bending, climbing, and lifting.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 60lbs.
- Must be flexible to work any hours and any shift.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.