ERS P&C Engineer (Remote)
A Protection and Control Engineer needs a broad range of skills and is likely to be defined by both a breadth of knowledge and a depth of knowledge. These skills are likely to include software and hardware engineering, interface protocols, and general problem-solving skills. It is likely that the problems to be solved have not been solved before except, in the broadest sense. They are likely to include new and challenging problems with an input from a broad range of engineers where the system integration engineer "pulls it all together."
- Candidate will be responsible for protection relay and controls projects of power systems from 120V up through 500kV. Candidate manages the project from start to finish – starting at the planning stage of a project all the way through site acceptance testing and commissioning.
- Performs calculations of relay protection parameters for microprocessor and electro-mechanical protective relays and prepare programming file in the relay manufacturers’ software
- Designs protection and control logic schemes
- Models primary systems and secondary systems in electrical simulation software platforms such as ASPEN, CAPE, EasyPower, SKM, ETAP or PSSE software
- Prepares and reviews proposals for integration services. Ensures that proposal pricing is accurate and technically correct
- Works closely with design, vendor, utility, regulatory agency, operators, owners, contractors, and protection engineers to create system programming which translates the owner’s requirements into concrete technical designs.
- Develop settings for all layersof control includingprotective relaying, communication processors, Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Simulate power system conditions in a lab environment to test communications and automation functionality of integrated IEDs and software packages.
- Serve as a technical resource for ERS Field Engineers during installation, commissioning and operation of the electric power system protection and automation systems.
- Write complete, detailed reports using a computer, and accurately process job billing.
Minimum Requirements: (Education and Work Experience)
- 5 + years of experience in utility grade power transmission protection engineering BSEE with an emphasis in Power Systems, EIT
- Proven experience in electrical simulation software platforms
- 10+ years of experience in utility grade power transmission protection engineering Master’s preferred, PE registration, NETA IV
Work Environment/Physical Demands: (Optional)
- Willing to work flexible hours,weekends, holidays and nightwork. Must be available for out-of-town and international travel of up to several weeks.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Frequently required to sit, and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to lift and/or move test equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Valid Driver’s License.
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv’s Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities.
OUR CORE PRINCIPALS: Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion.
OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- High-Performance Culture
- Financial Strength
- Own It
- Act With Urgency
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Think Big and Execute
- Lead by Example
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Learn and Seek Out Development
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [email protected]
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.ID:uDnQdo