ESS- Electrical Engineer
Job title Electrical Engineer
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
The incumbent for this role will be accountable for the electrical studies on the development of projects for alkaline and lithium batteries supporting Saft Energy Storage Solutions and be accountable for providing answers to customer specifications following the SQCD criteria. This incumbent will be responsible got the management of the electrical design phases, from the bid to the complete system qualification of the product and provide the technical support to the supply chain services during the industrialization phase and the serial life of the process.
- Defining a technical solution corresponding to the customer's need, safety, industrial requirements, REX and internal guidelines rules to include
- Inputs for the drafters, components specifications for the suppliers (Electrical schematics and BOM, Manufacturing & input control tests instructions for harnesses)
- Support other engineering work packages to define a solution by giving electrical data or guidance for constraint.
- Provide justification for the defined/chosen technical definition such as Insulation analysis, battery electrotechnical DJD (definition justification dossier).
- Validate the electrical definitions proposed – Models, drawings and BOM.
- Support the supply chain services (purchase, quality, logistics, production) sharing an electrical expertise, reviewing waivers/deviation, problem reports, modifications of technical definitions.
- Maintain a knowledge of the latest technical solutions and standards through.
- Seminar’s participations, multisite meetings, competitor’s analysis, standard analysis
- Share experiences and feedback with the rest of the engineering department.
- Work with other company (Zhuhai, Bangalore…) to develop their electrical engineering skills.
- Manage SQCD criteria, risks, and opportunities on the electrical engineering work packages deliverables.
- Coordinate the electrical activities for bids and projects by reporting activities quotations, and performance indicators.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering,
- 3+ years’ experience
- Fully fluent in English. French speaking a plus.
- Skilled in MS office (includes MS Project), PLM and ERP systems.
- High energy, positive individual loving operational challenges
- Proactivity and reactivity
Saft America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status