Orion Township, MI
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Estimating Coordinator coordinates incoming request for quotations (RFQ) with corresponding data, compiles and submits final quotes to customers, and receives, reviews and processes purchase orders.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested at any point for any of the below sections to enable applicants and employees the opportunity for inclusive, fair, and equal employment. For further details, please see ABOUT US below!
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
- Access multiple customer websites/portals to retrieve RFQs and submit quotations.
- Receive customer RFQs, retrieve quote data (3D models, 2D drawings, and other provided customer data), prepare quoting package and communicate new quote to the estimating team for quoting.
- Break down RFQs to determine required tool lists, required proposal documents, customer bid forms, and ensure that all necessary data is received from the customer.
- Contact customer for any missing information/data.
- Assign quote numbers and arrange electronic quote data folders for each site, respectively.
- Ensure quote folders are updated with most recent quote data.
- Enter all relevant items listed within the RFQ into Quote Central records.
- Utilize CATIA, ENOVIA or subsequent applications, to be sure all customer models are complete and as referenced in the customer RFQ.
- Prepare final quote package with inputs from estimators, ensure Quote Central is properly updated and all documents are completed for submittal. (Quote letters, Cost data sheets, Compliance Matrix, etc.)
- Interact with our customers, vendors and internal teams for ongoing quote clarifications and updates.
- Receive incoming purchase orders, determine accuracy with submitted quote, and start internal PO acceptance process.
- Work with internal departments related to customer requests and requirements. (Supplier and quality questionnaires, NDA’s, Cyber Security forms, etc.
- Submit quotes in timely manner per customer request.
- Any additional duties as assigned by management.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
- High School diploma/GED
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and activities.
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative.
- Ability to understand Request for Quotation packages and interpret customer needs.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, accurate, and organized.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- This position must meet Export Control Compliance requirements, therefore a "U.S. Person" as defined by 22.C.F.R. is required. For further details as to how a “U.S. Person” is determined, please see SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS below!
- Experience in estimating, engineering, or building of aerospace tooling.
May be required to travel to other site locations during the workday and would primarily be local during the business day. However, some projects may require overnight stays as well as out-of-the-area travel paid for by the business.
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee daily while performing the functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary state for extended periods / 50% of the time at a computer workstation.
- Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- May access and work in the manufacturing plant, and therefore must be able to wear personal protective gear (PPE) when required. Examples include safety shoes, eye protection, and hearing protection.
- May be required to work overtime or weekends to meet department and business demands.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles, caustic chemicals, vibration, and moderate noise level.
- Will be working in the manufacturing plant, and therefore must be able to wear the necessary personal protective gear (PPE) for most, if not all, of the working day provided for individuals by the business. Most common PPE includes safety shoes, eye protection, and hearing protection. More specialized positions may require PPE specific to hard hats, gloves, face shield / helmet, fall protection, protective clothing, and powered air-purifying respirator (PAPR).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to frequently walk and stand for short periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 10lbs, occasionally lift and move objects up to 35lbs.
- Must be able to see, talk, hear, touch, feel and reach with hands and arms.
The following mental qualifications described here are essential for successful job performance.
- Creative Problem-Solving:
- Identifying and address challenges in a positive and effective collaborative manner with external customers and internal customers (employees).
- Demonstrating critical thinking within reasonable ability under short-term pressures.
- Willingness to find creative solutions to complex situations, and seek out help, when needed.
- Deliver a result that meets the business’ outlined expectations for success.
- Resilient and Adaptable Teamwork:
- Ability to take orders under ambiguity and uncertainty, within reason and manageable.
- Collaborate with others when clarity is necessary in a positive and effective manner with a growth mindset.
- Embrace new ideas within compliant standards.
- Practice gratitude, appreciation, and compassion while helping drive organizational change.
- Ethical Integrity and Safety:
- Exhibit honesty, respect, fairness, and trust in all interactions.
- Make moral and compliant decisions.
- Prioritize reliability for deadlines and attendance.
- Uphold procedural steps for company’s culture and everyone’s wellbeing.
- Excellence and Continuous Improvement:
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional growth, when applicable.
- Recommend redirection when a best business practice may be available and appropriate.
- Stay updated on relevant industry trends, technology, and advancements if the position is technical or specialized.
- Accepting of constructive criticism and accountability when not meeting the business’ outlined expectations for success.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening after an offer has been made.
This position requires use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. As defined by 22.C.F.R., a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. Citizen, Lawful Permanent Resident of the United States (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), or Protected Individual under the U.S. Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
Protected Individuals include certain refugees and asylees, as well as individuals granted temporary resident status under the. a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident. For further details, you may visit CFR - Title22